Skip to Content

Issue on Live Office Universe UNX Query

Hi,

We are on SAP Bi 4.1 SP7 starting to use Live Office Add-On. When I try to select a particular UNX universe following error message appears

There is an error in XML document (1001, 105).

Error only arise when trying to use this universe. For the rest we have tried tool works foine, so probably is some issue related with UNX definition.

Any idea?

Thx

UNX.jpg (303.2 kB)
Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Follow
  • Get RSS Feed

2 Answers

  • Best Answer
    Apr 13, 2016 at 12:29 PM

    Hi all,

    After enabling Live Office logging we have obtained a more detailed error message (see below)

    So definiteky there is something wrong on the universe that only Live Office cares about (same universe works fine on IDT queries and Webi ones)

    Any idea about how to identify the source of the problem?

    ERROR 2016-04-13 14:20:36,091 [5648]: There is an error in XML document (1001, 105).

    1. System.InvalidOperationException: There is an error in XML document (1001, 105). ---> System.Xml.XmlException: ' ', hexadecimal value 0x1A, is an invalid character. Line 1001, position 105.

    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)

    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String[] args)

    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Int32 pos, String res, String[] args)

    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowInvalidChar(Int32 pos, Char invChar)

    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseText(Int32& startPos, Int32& endPos, Int32& outOrChars)

    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseText()

    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()

    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()

    at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read()

    at System.Xml.XmlReader.ReadElementString()

    at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderRESTUniverse.Read9_ItemDatasourceNode(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)

    at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderRESTUniverse.Read4_FolderDatasourceNode(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)

    at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderRESTUniverse.Read4_FolderDatasourceNode(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)

    at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderRESTUniverse.Read10_RESTOutline(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)

    at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderRESTUniverse.Read11_RESTUniverse(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)

    at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderRESTUniverse.Read12_universe()

    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

    at BusinessObjects.Windows.Forms.Desktop.RESTHandler.REST_QPAgent.GetDataSource(String RestToken, String RestUrl, String UniverseCUID)

    at BusinessObjects.Windows.Forms.Enterprise.RemoteSession.GetDataSourceSpecification(String universeID)

    at BusinessObjects.Windows.Forms.WebIntelligence.QueryPanelControl.LoadClassObject(RemoteSession session, String universeID, String

    universeName, QuerySpecification querySpecification)

    at BusinessObjects.LiveOffice.LiveOfficeUI.WebiUIModule.QPControlPanel.Initialize(RemoteSession remoteSession, String universeID,

    String universeName, QuerySpecification querySpec, DataSourceParameterValue[] keyDates)

    at BusinessObjects.LiveOffice.LiveOfficeUI.WebiUIModule.QPWizardPanelProvider.Initialize(IWizardFramework wizardFramework,

    InfoObject infoobj, InfoObject containerObj)


    Thanks,

    Alfons

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Hi Bayrem,

      You mention goes on the right direction. Effectively it seems that Live Office has some problems to consume the content of the XML generated by the Web API Restful service when it does contain some special characters.

      In our case using Fiddler we have been able to trace the message sent to Live office and to discover the special characters that were causing LO to fail.

      In this particular case the special characters were copied (I a not sure if it is a circle or something similar) from a Word document into the description of a universe dimension. Once we have removed the characters from the universe LO works fine again.

      Hope it helps people to trace the issue on similar situations.

      Thanks SAP Support to give us the idea to trace the content with fiddler!

      Alfons

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Mar 31, 2016 at 02:06 PM

    Hello Alfons,

    Can you please specify which Office product you are using (Excel, InfoPath, ...) when you encountered this error and also the version of the Office.

    Best regards.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded