I'm struggling now a few days with the UI5 SmartTable control and implementation. As a summary
of my last days:
* UI5 online documentation checked
* Mass of SCN entries, Q&A, Blogs checked
* Requirement for special annotations evaluated
What I have already done:
* SAP WEB IDE Project which successfully displays sap.m.table, based on ODATA Service (ODATA Service Name "X")
* Want to move to SmartTable to use also FilterBar ...
What I have done for SmartControl:
* SAP Backend Gateway, Service Builder, New Annotation Project for original Service "X" created
* Redefinition of Annotation model class method to enter the special vocabulary annotations for required "LineItem" for
* Successfull test of extension Project in Gateway Client => Annotations are generated
* In the SAP WEB IDE ODATA Model => which Service do I have to reference? Service "X" ?
* When I check the metadata of Service "X", I see only the SAP annotations, not the Special annotations of my
extension project !?
* How do I Transfer the complete required annotations (sap annotations + special new annotations for smart controls)
to SAP WEB IDE?
=> In this context some SCN entries use a complete "metadata.XML" file. Is this needed?
* In SAP WEB IDE is a Special template "Smart Template" available. Following the wizard the System comes to a point,
where an annotation file or URL is required. How can I determine the annotation URL out of my Backend SAP Gateway
I get now central overview, what steps are needed to display a simple flat SmartTable and what are the required steps.