We are doing the below for the Mail DC replacement. Use of servercore.sca is recommended.
Although, sca is in inbox folder of NWDI server , The file servercore.sca not showing up on check-in tab of CMS.
We are following below steps - Refering thread
1) Add a SC build dependency within component SAP-SHRWEB to SC component SERVERCORE within the SLD.
2) Within NWDI, update CMS.
3) Put SERVERCORE.SCA in inbox directory of CMS.
4) Check-in SERVERCORE.SCA in Dev of track.
5) Go to track in change mode. Run Synchronize SC dependencies.
6) Save the track. The NWDI (CMS) system will pop-up. Confirm that you accept the SLD definition.
7) Do "Save and re-import" to update the build-space of the track.
8) After that, I imported SERVERCORE.SCA in Dev of track. This was not possible in my first attempt where I just added SERVERCORE to the track as main component.
But the servercore.sca not showing up on check-in tab. The file is placed in the inbox folder in NWD