We are having some trouble understanding the concept of change projects.
In case we want to have changes on Production immediately:
- we can create a change project
- then merge it to have the changes applied.
For more complex changes
- we create the change project on Production
- copy to solution profile to test
- then merge it to production later on
However, this can lead to problems if for example, you create a change project for changes to made in test.
So you copy the solution profile at a certain time.
While doing those changes in test, you need other changes to be applied in production.
So you create a new change project in production wihout copying the solution profile.
When merging back the change project of test to production, will these changes be overwritten?
Is there any way to apply small changes into Production directly, without having to create a change project?
Thank you and kind regards,