Skip to Content

HTTP/1.1 400 Failed to attach to Relay Server state store

We are trying to upgrade MobiLink from v11 to v16.0.0.1324.

We have a configuration that will take time to explain. So I want to make sure I am in the correct forum before doing so.

We are running 4 zone configuration:

1) end user (internet)

2) ServerA (DMZ) running IIS website, MobiLInk Relay Server

3) ServerB running OutboundEnabler, BackendServer, ODBC

4) Oracle database

We are receiving the HTTP 400 indicated in the subject line when connecting ServerA and ServerB by starting the RSOE on ServerB.

Appreciate your reply, as indicated, I am just starting this query (before going into detail) to ensure I am in the correct forum.

Thanks

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Assigned Tags

Related questions

2 Answers

  • Best Answer
    Posted on Dec 03, 2015 at 05:24 PM

    After many many many trial and errors, I have finally made the 2 servers communicate! I believe the change that finally made the RSOE connect to the RS was one of the following updates:

    On the IIS AppPool definition:

    • ManagedPipeline: Integrated
    • Identity: LocalSystem

    On the Default WebSite definition:

    • Anonymous Authentication > Edit > Anonymous user identity > AppPool

    One of these were made, and the communication started to work. Took a long time to get to this, but its like New Years Eve around here right now.

    Thanks

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Sorry Vance, I didn't get back to this until after you've already sorted it yourself. I suspect it was the change of the identity of the AppPool definition that resolved the issue. The rshost process and IIS (well, the AppPool) need to be running in the same address space so that they can both access the same piece of shared memory on the machine.

      Thanks for posting back with what yuo did to resolve the issue.

      Reg Domaratzki

  • Posted on Dec 02, 2015 at 08:18 PM

    You are in the correct forum.

    From your brief description it sounds like you are getting errors in the Outbound Enabler when trying to connect to the Outbound Enablers to the Relay Server. If so, when you post your question, please include the contents of the Relay Server configuration file and the start lines used when running the RSOE. If possible, please also include the contents of the Relay Server log file and the contents of the RSOE log file when you get the HTTP 400 error trying to connect the RSOE.

    Thanks,

    Reg Domaratzki

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.