Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

Testing XI SOAP scenario via XMLSpy

I've completed the following -

1. Created the scenario SOAP => XI => RFC

2. Using XI config, generated WSDL specifying the Message Interface which triggers the scenario in XI.

http://<serverhost>:<port>/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?channel=<party>:<ServiceName>:<Channel Name>

3. Transported this WSDL to local directory

4. Testing WebService by sending a SOAP message using XMLSpy. Option Soap=>Send request to Server.

I don't see any pop-up to enter xiappluser and password .

I get the following popup error message

HTTP error: could not POST file


Sender.Service=HTTP_LINK&' on server '' (404).

Please let me know if there is anyway to resolve this error condition.

Thank you.

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Assigned Tags

Related questions

3 Answers

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Feb 14, 2006 at 06:16 PM

    Hi Parimala -

    First, can you access your MessageServlet URL via a browser?


    You should get:

    "Message Servlet is in Status OK

    Status information:




    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Prasad Illapani

      Hi Prasad, thank you.

      Niall Guerin wrote me a message in which he explained that some of my XI components are inconsistently patched. I will verify and correct that.

      Thanks again.


      <i>Hi Ivan,

      Thanks for the patch level information above. Your components are not

      up to date.

      As you can see the following XI AFW components are inconsistently

      patched: SAP-XIAFC 3.0 SP12 SAP_XIAF 3.0 SP17

      ALL XI components MUST be on the same patch level. This means:

      XIAFC, XIAF, and XITOOLS must all be on SP17. The same goes for the

      ABAP stack. Basis must be on SP17 and so must your J2EE Engine. With

      XI, ALL patch levels must be consistent as a prerequisite. Please

      refer to attached note: 750511.

      In addition, it looks like you've got a PCK deployed on the XI host

      as well? A PCK cannot co-exist with an XI installation, so please

      ensure you did not do this and undeploy it if it was installed on top

      of the XI host.

      Please patch the XI Java components correctly and then reproduce the

      SOAP Adapter problem after sending a soap request to the adapter.

      For more information on the message status in your screenshot, refer

      to the weblink below. This is an enhancement with SPS17 for the Runtime


      Communication Channel Monitor

      Kind Regards,

      Niall Guerin</i>

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Feb 24, 2006 at 04:53 AM

    Hi Parimala,

    Before going for third party tools like XML Spy, you can test ur Scenario in XI itself.

    Test your Adapter Engine from "Runtime Work Bench".

    Follow the steps for testing the SOAP Adapter from XI.

    Step 1 :- Component Monitoring--> Click Adapter Engine.

    Step 2 :- Select the "Test Message" Tab

    Step 3 :- Give details for send to = http://host:port/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?channel=:<service>:<channel> ,interface name, service, namespace

    Step 4 : Provide the <b>user name</b> & <b>passowrd</b>

    Step 5 :- Payload should be Soap Request. and click "send message".

    Check the result in SXMB_MONI.

    Note : You can create SOAP Request from WSDL using the following tool.



    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Jan 25, 2007 at 06:07 PM

    Hey guys,

    I would like to bring up again Ivan’s problem.

    I have a similar problem trying to call a web service (Get HTTP 404 – Not found error), so following the history of this thread and looking at the component info of my system (http://host:50000/sap/monitoring/ComponentInfo), I realized that we have inconsistencies between XI components as shown below:

    SAP_JTECHS 6.40 SP9 (1000. SAP AG SAP AG 20041122132741

    SAP_JTECHF 6.40 SP9 (1000. SAP AG SAP AG 20041122132734

    SAP-JEE 6.40 SP19 (1000. SAP AG SAP AG 20070123165511

    SAP-JEECOR 6.40 SP19 (1000. SAP AG SAP AG 20070123174423

    SAP_XITOOL 3.0 SP9 (1000. SAP AG SAP AG 20060807094410

    SAP-XIAFC 3.0 SP10 (1000. SAP AG SAP AG 20070123114427

    SAP_XIAF 3.0 SP10 (1000. SAP AG SAP AG 20070123180856

    As you may see the system comes from SP9 to SP19. Using the SDM tool to check SP level, I discovered that all components appear with SP19.

    Does any one know how to correct this discrepancy between Component Info page and SDM tool?

    Any idea would be helpful.

    Thanks and cheers,


    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.