Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

Error while trying to read domino directory (lotus notes)

Hi,

we are facing a problem while trying to get a connection from idm to lotus notes.

The problem occurs at the jobs to read something out of the domino directory. (for example “load certifiers from Notes” or “System load”).

The following error message appears in the job log:

Script error: Automation error The object invoked has disconnected from its clients. :Function - OpenListNotes:Param

I used the uWarning-function to localize the line where the error occurs, it seems to be the following line:

ret = NotesDB.DbOpen(vbNullString, Server, Database)


MXVBNotes.dll is registered.

While registering MXNotes.dll an error occurs: The module “MXNotes.dll” failed to load. (could this be the reason for the issue? )

(the dll-files are located in the windows folder)

Does anyone have an idea how to solve the problem?

Thanks & Regards

Benjamin

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Related questions

2 Answers

  • Posted on Nov 20, 2015 at 01:57 PM

    Hi Benjamin,

    What version of IDM are you using? Older versions / SPs of IDM have many Lotus Notes issues. Upgrading to 7.2 SP 10 or IDM8.0 will probably help you the most as the VBScripts are retired in favor of a Java based architecture.

    Also have you tried checking the Error itself on Google? I know it's probably not the answer that you want to hear 😊 but most of the IDM/Notes issues are Windows and VBScript interface based.

    Regards,

    Matt

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Aug 19, 2016 at 08:35 AM

    Hello Benjamin,

    i have the same Problem in IdM.

    Was your Problem solved and when yes, how?

    IdM 7.2 SP10

    Windows Server 2008 R2

    Lotus Notes 9

    Regards

    André

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      I have found a workaround.

      This works fine for me.

      I use the old MXNOTES.DLL and MXVBNOTES.DLL from the IdM Version 7.10 SP6.

      Windows Runtime Engine has 7.2 SP10 and everything is running good.

      Best Regards

      André

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.