Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

Unable to display custom geoJSON

Hello,

I am just getting started with using the Geo Map component in DS 1.5. I have created a simple geoJSON file to test out the features (using http://geojson.io/). My file has just a few polygons and a table with two fields - Area (contains a unique ID) and Description. As this is just a trial, I used the BYO Data SDK to create some sample data:

My Section column contains the same unique IDs as the Area column in the geoJSON file, and is the only dimension.

In the Additional Properties for the Geo Map, I have assigned the data source and loaded the geoJSON file.

Based on my understanding from other blog posts I have seen and the user guide, it seems like I've created this map correctly. However, when I execute the dashboard, only the standard base map appears. I do not see the borders from my geoJSON file, nor is the data visualized. My guess is that there is something set up incorrectly in my data, or the way that I am binding it to the Geo Map.

What am I missing?

Thank you,

Beth

sample data.jpg (27.4 kB)
properties.jpg (46.6 kB)
Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Related questions

1 Answer

  • Best Answer
    Posted on Nov 16, 2015 at 05:03 AM

    Hi Beth,

    Can you attach your geoJSON file so we can review it? I have created my own geoJSON file with the geojson.io tool and it works fine with the BYOD SDK data source as shown below:

    BYOD SDK Data Source:

    The geoJSON file can be downloaded from the following link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ani7mz0032agwny/CustomMap.geojson?dl=0

    Regards,

    Mustafa.


    GeoMap.png (1.1 MB)
    MapProperties.png (25.7 kB)
    MapProperties.png (17.1 kB)
    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      Hi Mustafa,

      Using your data and map as references, I was able to display both your map/data and my own. I found that although the dimension column heading for my data could be different than in the geoJSON, the fields themselves had to be the same. That seems to be what was missing and my maps are now rendering correctly.

      Thank you for your assistance,

      Beth

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.