Skip to Content

Charm: request for change not allowing to release for development

Hi Experts,

We are facing an issue with Request for change not allowing us to release for development. There is no problem with other change requests

The change request contains another urgent change which has been completed. Requirement was to extend scope of the change request which is having issue. I tested in non production charm and the same scenario worked and I was able to release for development.

1. Extended scope

2. Inserted scope "another urgent change"

3. Estimation

4. Releases for approval

5. Approved

6. Set to development --> Error status shows implemented when we go to edit mode

I have tried to forcefully change the status but that is also not working as it goes into backward status like in process/extend scope. I also checked there is no system error in the report.

Please help!

Regards,

Salman

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Related questions

3 Answers

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Nov 05, 2015 at 03:07 PM

    Hello, Salman!

    Did you check your project? Is there any error?

    Best regards,

    Julia

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • sorry typo.. I meant there is no authorization issue as I have administration access. The problem is it is not generating urgent change document number after releasing for development again.

      I do have authorization for generating urgent change number as I did with first urgent change in same change request

  • Posted on Nov 05, 2015 at 07:45 PM

    anyone has any idea ? We don't have any issue with other charm request. Only this particular change request is behaving differently.

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Nov 06, 2015 at 07:30 AM

    Hi Salman,

    Can you please share a screenshot of your Request For Change screen with the error.

    Also there are at times other dependencies regarding approver and creator. You might want to check that. I mean the approver should be setting the document to in development.

    You can also check the logs for your id in tcode SLG1 in solman system.

    Finally it would be wise to use st01 and check for sure that it is not authorization issue.

    Hope it helps.

    Best Regards

    Robin Singh

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.