Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

No Parameters and Blank Report when opening Report via reportviewer Control

We're migrating a .NET app from a Server 2008 environment to Server 2012. Installed the latest SP15 SAP for VS on the Dev server which runs VS 2013, and the installed the accompanying SP15 runtime MSI on the web server. Authentication to the SQL server is working fine, but when I click the link to open the report it's just blank (picture attached)...I don't even get the expected parameter screen. Any ideas?

Notes:

  1. If I save the data in the report while working in VS, the report opens correctly on the web site, with the saved data.
  2. The IIS AppPool is set to run in 64 bit mode (was 32 bit on the old server), and the OS is 64 bit, so I installed the 64 bit runtime.
  3. I've copied the CrystalReportViewer13 into my application folder, but I'm not sure this is a DLL issue.
  4. If I export the [seemingly blank] report to PDF that request doesn't succeed...it spins for a bit then stops. No file is exported.
  5. I've attached the code we use to process these reports, but I don't think this is code related

Any ideas on how to fix this or things to try?

I've got some Process Monitor output I'll add to this post soon.

Thanks!

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

1 Answer

  • Best Answer
    avatar image
    Former Member
    Nov 01, 2015 at 10:10 PM

    Process Monitor entries created when trying to open a report via my .NET app that aren't marked as SUCCESS:

    NO MORE ENTRIES:

    RegEnumValue - HKLM\SOFTWARE\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\Report Application Server\InprocServer

    NAME NOT FOUND:

    RegOpenKey - HKCU\Software\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\Crystal Reports\Locale

    RegOpenKey - HKCU\Software\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\Crystal Reports\Database

    RegOpenKey - HKCU\Software\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\Crystal Reports\DatabaseOptions\LOV

    BUEFFER OVERFLOW:

    RegQueryValue - HKLM\SOFTWARE\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\Enterprise\InstallRoot\Path

    QueryAllInformationFile - E:\MySite\aspnet_client\system_web\4_0_30319\crystalreportviewers13\promptengine-compressed.js

    FILE LOCKED WITH ONLY READERS:

    CreateFileMapping - C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\Common\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win64_x64\smagentapi.dll

    There were more entries, but most were duplicates or similar to the ones above.

    Edit: I added those missing keys above and after trying it again I got many more NAME NOT FOUNDS for keys that are supposed to be under the ones I added. Maybe the application didn't install correctly. I'll try a reinstall but that's already been done a few times. This is the MSI package I'm using - http://downloads.businessobjects.com/akdlm/cr4vs2010/CRforVS_redist_install_64bit_13_0_15.zip

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Don Williams

      When I hit F12 and attempt to load a report I get a 'bobj' is undefined error. Attached to this post is the code directly above that error.

      Reading through the code I discovered I was missing the aspnet_client folder (copied from the inetpub/wwwroot directory) at the root of my website, and after placing the folder there my reports work!

      Thanks so much for your help Don!

      bobj.txt.zip (1.3 kB)