Skip to Content

Odata webservice url in chrome giving connection error

Hi all,

I have a Odata webservice which I created a month ago in ECC/Gateway server and I had been using it on my PC all this while where it was working fine. Today I tried to open the same metadata URL in another PC (in chrome) , the browser is showing connection error as seen in attachment. There has been no changes made to the webservice since it was created a month ago.

http://<domain>:<port>/sap/opu/odata/sap/zprj_po_srv

In the same new PC , i again crosschecked SICF to see if the service is still active. Also i checked the url with gateway client in iwfnd/maint_service , there the webservice url is working fine.

Conn_Error.JPG (23.6 kB)
Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

1 Answer

  • Best Answer
    Oct 31, 2015 at 11:14 AM

    Hi Amber ,

    Please check if the hostname and Ip is added in the hosts file entry at C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts.

    Also please check if the new system is able to successfully ping the gateway server from cmd.

    Open Command Prompt --> type ' Ping Hostname '

    Regards

    Virinchy

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded