Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

Report to Count Tickets by Day from Range of Dates

Hello Everyone,

I have been working to generate a number of reports to count the number of tickets closed by different metrics but I am having an issue with the latest request I have received. They want a report that shows the number of tickets closed each day by a list of technicians during a range of days. I have been able to pull the data and can break it down into periods of weeks but I cannot seem to get it to break this down to the day level for the report. I n the image below you can see on the left an example of the data I can pull and on the right is what I want it to look like. I also ha ve a list of the field names that are related below.

Ticket Number: [Request Number]

Technician Name: [Request Assignee Combo Name]

Ticket Open Date: [Request Open Date]

To achieve the week breakdown I have a Dimension using the fomula: =Week([Request Open Date])

Date Range is selected on refresh of the report by user input.

This is what I see as the most relevant parts of the information I need to account for. I may be missing something in the data I am gathering or how I am gathering it. If you see something that I have missed please let me know and I can add notes for that. I appreciate any help or advise I can get with this.

Thank you for your time and advise.


Design.png (9.6 kB)
Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

1 Answer

  • Best Answer
    avatar image
    Former Member
    Oct 30, 2015 at 12:54 PM

    Hi Anthony.

    Don't Know if i get exactly what you need. Did you tryed this?:

    ticketTotals=count([Request Number];all) where([Request Open Date]between(<first date of range>;<second date range>))

    Assuming <first date of range> and <second date of range> are the prompt answers.

    Hope that this help


    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      Hello Manuel,

      Thank you for posting to this. I must apologize as well. I originally posted this in the wrong area (Crystal Reports) and I recreated this posting over here to try and post it correctly. As it turns out someone posted an answer over there as well.

      Link to other posting:

      What I did was I applied the following line to format things the way I wanted.

      FormatDate([Request Open Date];"MM/dd")

      Using this it now lists the dates by month and day with the information that I needed. SriHarsha was the one who offered the solution I used. The reason is that each item is tracked using a date stamp when the request is first opened and I overlooked reformatting these so they would ignore the time part.

      Thank you again for your ideas and sorry for the double posting. I was waiting for the approval on this topic when he posted the answer.


      Message was edited by: Anthony Notti