Skip to Content

BEx Workbook Conversion to A Office: Error

Hello. I am attempting to convert a workbook developed within BEx Analyzer to Analysis for Office. When I attempt to convert the workbook it immediately fails with the following error message:

'Nested exception. See inner exception below for more details: That command cannot be used on multiple selections'

Has anyone experienced this error message? Also, is there a place to look up these error messages to determine what is specifically causing the issue? We have many workbooks to convert so having a place to diagnose would be beneficial.

Kind regards,

Lynn Peter

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

2 Answers

  • Oct 28, 2015 at 08:26 PM

    Hello Lynn - I am not sure there is a diagnosis list, as that error sounds like it came straight from Microsoft (my take only)

    The best resource on workbook conversion is this (starting on page 35)…

    I'm wondering if your workbook has a non-convertible object; could you check against the above linked document?  Do you have your workbook conversion settings set up per the document?

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Hello Martin. Thank you for your response.

      1. Yes, actually at our organization all of our workbooks are local. So, we are saving some of the more robust workbooks to the server so we may convert them. I wish we could convert local workbooks. But to answer your question, yes it is stored on the server.

      2. Yes, the user is valid. It is actually myself and I have converted about a dozen workbooks with no issues.

      3. Yes, it was created with BEx Analyzer.

      Actually, I set it to show the conversion results but I am not seeing them. I will try some other conversion settings, that is a good idea.

      This particular workbook has some robust macros so we are suspecting they are the cause. However, we would like to keep them in there during conversion if possible.

      I will keep you all posted.

      Many thanks,


  • Nov 02, 2015 at 09:50 PM

    I was able to bypass that workbook by hiding the SAPBEXqueriesDefunct sheet and it worked. I do not understand why but I will take it. 😊

    I have another workbook that will not convert. It is giving me the error message 'Delete method of Style class failed'. I turned on the conversion log but it will not display it unfortunately.

    I will log a ticket with SAP to see if they can assist.

    Thank you,


    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded