Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

Prefixed namespace bindings may not be empty - SOAP sender error

Hi,

I have a SOAP to proxy synchronous scenario. We are having this exception.

1. I get this error when I trigger the message from SOAP UI. But when I paste the same payload in operation/message mapping it does not give any such error. Now, if I remove the SOAP header manually in SOAP UI and trigger the message, it processes just fine.

2. I also tried to use java mapping to remove soap envelope, header and body tags. It worked fine in operation mapping but I got a "Premature end of file" error for message mapping(in message monitor).

This is how the SOAP-HEADER looks like.

<SOAP-ENV:Header>

  <pi:PartyInfo SOAP-ENV:actor="" SOAP-ENV:mustUnderstand="0" xmlns:pi="http://www.abc.com/namespaces/sample.xsd">

  <from>

  <domain>abc</domain>

  <name>abc</name>

  </from>

  <to>

  <domain>abc</domain>

  <name>abc</name>

  </to>

  <operationID>abc</operationID>

  <operationType>abc</operationType>

  <transactionID>abc</transactionID>

  </pi:PartyInfo>

  </SOAP-ENV:Header>

Any pointers on any of these points are appreciated.

Thanks,

Ravi

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

2 Answers

  • Oct 28, 2015 at 02:05 AM

    Hi Ravi

    The SOAP envelope doesn't look right:

    - there is no overall envelope

    - there in no SOAP body - the data should be contained in the body instead of the SOAP header

    Did you manually construct this envelope?

    Here's a sample of a correct payload within a SOAP envelope

    <soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:str="urn:test.com/Test">
       <soapenv:Header/>
       <soapenv:Body>
          <str:MT_SingleFieldLines>
             <Lines>
                <Field>ABC</Field>
             </Lines>
          </str:MT_SingleFieldLines>
       </soapenv:Body>
    </soapenv:Envelope>
    

    Rgds

    Eng Swee

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Oct 28, 2015 at 03:32 PM

    Ok I might have created a bit of confusion here. In the actual scenario, I am receiving the message from a third party i.e. the third party is consuming the webservice exposed by PI.

    The snapshot of the SOAP header is just a part of SOAP envelope. There actually is a SOAP envelope and SOAP body too. PI somehow is not able to process the namespace or namespace prefixes in the header(PartyInfo).

    I simulated this scenario using SOAPUI and tinkered with the original SOAP header. If I remove the namespaces and the prefix to the PartyInfo node, the message processes just fine. So, looking at the error and this expreiment I couls conclude that PI has a problem processing that particular namespace/prefix.

    I tried java mapping and XSLT mapping as well but I believe this failure is at the adapter level and it never reaches the mapping stage.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded