Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

Solution Manager 7.1 install error: POLICY.xml missing

Hello community,

I would like to install a Solution Manager on Windows Server 2012 R2 and am coming across a number of difficulties.

I am receiving an error claiming that a file "POLICY.xml" is not where it is expected.

This occurs when the installer perfoms the db2 post-load activities.

I've attached a screenshot of the message box, the relevant lines of the log, as well as the file "db6_update_db" which is the source of the rc that causes the error.

Thanks for help,

Alexander

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

3 Answers

  • Best Answer
    avatar image
    Former Member
    Oct 26, 2015 at 02:47 PM

    Never mind,

    manually restarting the db service did the trick!

    (After performing the steps in Marias post!)

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Oct 23, 2015 at 08:11 AM

    Hello Alexander,

    Are you using the latest version of SWPM for the instalaltion?
    It seems the attached .bat is quite old. The latest version (V51) can be found in SAP note#1365982.

    In this case, it was trying to update the auto reorg policy, but didn't find it for unknown reasons.

    I would suggest to get the polciy file which is attached to note#975352. Then put it to sqllib\tmp.
    If it by-passes the issue, please manually run the latest version of db6_update_db.bat later.

    Kind regards
    Maria

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      Hello Maria,

      yes, I downloaded the latest Version of the swpm.

      I now updated the db6_update_db.bat and copied the policys from note 975352 into the tmp folder, but I still get the same error.

      Regards,

      Alexander

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Oct 26, 2015 at 07:32 AM

    Hello community,

    It seems after I did the steps recomended by Maria, I do get a bit further...

    Even though it shows the same error message, in the log files I can see that the orogin of the error is different.

    It does not seem to be able to load a class "db6_update_db".

    I've attached a tail of the log.

    Thanks,

    Alexander


    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded