Skip to Content

Sales order cross system locking(CSL) issue in ECC

Hi Folks,

I am updating sales orders and applying billing block on them in ECC.

I am facing cross system locking issue as soon I open sales order in VA02. It shows message "

Sales document XXXXX is currently being processed (by user XXX (DEAC)

I can see lock in SMCL tcode. To process further I have to manually delete the lock from here.

This is strange issue we started facing recently. Any one could please provide any input.

Best Regards,


Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Assigned Tags

Related questions

2 Answers

  • Posted on Oct 19, 2015 at 06:51 AM

    Still looking for help regarding this.

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Oct 19, 2015 at 09:58 AM

    How exactly are you updating the sales documents? Are you updating them directly from VA02 transaction or through some program? If you are updating the document from program using BAPI, then you will have to make sure that BAPI transaction Commit or rollback is done after BAPI call.

    If you are updating sales document manually by going into standard transaction VA02, then follow below steps.

    Find out the lock object name name for the sales order. I think you will get it in SMCL or SM12 tranasction. Once you got the lock object name, note down the Enque and deque FMs.

    Then go to VA02, enter sales order number, turn on debugging mode, hit execute/enter to go into the document. This will open debugging mode where you can set a breakpoint at Enque, Deque FMs.

    Once document editing is finished & document is saved, program should deque all the tables under same lock object. Check if Deque FM is getting called or not.

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Jitendra Soni

      Hi Jitendra,

      Are you able to replicate the issue again and again with same order? If yes, then you will have to check why BAPI is not removing the lock from the table. If no, then its kind of intermittant issue. Before editing any order in your program, you will have to first check if its locked or not(using enque FM). If it's locked already, then wait for 1 or 2 second and then retry. Repeat this procedure for another 4-5 times and if order still remains locked, then you will have to report this error at the output of your custom program.

      You can also mannucally call Deque FM after BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT FM.

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.