Skip to Content

How to configure receiver IDoc_AAE channel for xml character set UTF - 8

Dear Experts,

I having a scenario for the conversion of File to IDoc, where I need to configure the receiver IDoc_AAE channel for xml character-set to UTF-8.

Please share the IDoc_AAE receiver module configurations for achieving this..

Thanks

RK.

Capture.JPG (38.4 kB)
Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

4 Answers

  • Best Answer
    Oct 08, 2015 at 07:29 PM

    Dear All,

    Thanks for your great support.

    Actually I tried for Chinese characters and source code page file, Sender file adapter channel is already set to UTF-8. The actually conversion is happening at Mapping level where we used java mapping.

    More over code is perfectly working in NWDS and the same is not working at mapping level after importing jars into PI system.

    We got the solution with the way jars being created by setting the option as OTHERS : UTF-8 in the Runconfigurations-> common tab  in NWDS and then extracted the jars  Seems these configurations also saved in some class file of the jars and then imported into PI. Now working perfectly fine 😊

    Special thanks to Stephen & Raghuraman for your kind support.

    Cheers,

    Raj.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Oct 02, 2015 at 03:49 PM

    Hello Raj,

    Try this

    AF_Modules/TextCodepageConversionBean   Local Enterprise Bean   Convert

    Convert                                Conversion.charset     utf-8

    http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/502991a2-45d9-2910-d99f-8aba5d79fb42?overridelayout=t…

    Character Encoding Handled the right way

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Oct 02, 2015 at 06:02 PM

    When you want to change the encoding of the file content to UTF-8, you have to do it in the file adapter channel. As PI works internally always with UTF-8, there is no need to do anything special for the Idoc adapter.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Oct 03, 2015 at 12:42 PM

    Hi Raghuraman,

    I have tried with module configuration as stated above in receiver IDoc channle, but still actual language text is not coming and some junk text is coming inspite of actual language, checked in target systems too.

    Stefan,

    Yes, that true PI treats with urf-8 only.

    For us, Sender File channel is using module configurations plain2XML and content type is utf-8 itself. When we checked the payload source payload having actual foreign language and target payload is not getting that foreign language.

    In ESR, we are using 2 message mappings. 1. Java code., 2. one to one mapping.

    Mapping is working fine, but issue is only with language conversion.

    Cheers,

    Raj

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • When your source message is not UTF-8, then set the correct source code page value to the sender file adapter channel. This is the correct and only way to handle this. And before you start wild guessings: Ask your project lead or project members for the code page of the file. In my experience, files are mostly cp1252 (Windows latin 1)