Skip to Content

TR failing with error DS 0COSTELMNT_0102_HIER is not in active Version

Hi,

In our landscape, Currently we are loading 6 cost element hierarchies from ECC,  recently, I have created a new Cost Element hierarchy in ECC, created a new infopackage to pull the data for that into BW. In Dev, I am able to get the data correctly for the new hierarchy.  But when I am moving this TR to Quality, it is failing with RC 8, error description is saying that "DS 0COSTELMNT_0102_HIER from ERDCLNT300 is not in active version,",

With that error, the infopackage is not getting moved to Quality system. What I have done to correct this issue,

1. Re imported the TR to Quality again, - resulted in same error.

2. Collected the infopackage in Dev in a new TR, then moved to Quality - resulted in same error.

3.  Replicated the datasource in BW Dev and collected in a new TR along with infopackage , moved to Quality - resulted in same error,

4. Since it is a business content datasource, can't activate directly in BW, so replicating from ECC, nothing worked out.

I can see that data source is fine in BW Dev.  and Quality, because the info packages are successful in loading the data, also the ECC system RSA3 for this datasource is working fine.

I am not sure what is causing the problem, I thought of trying the option to activate the datasource using RSDS_DATASOURCE_ACTIVATE_ALL program, then capture in a TR to move.  I am wondering, that would help me or not in getting rid of this problem.

Please suggest me with your expertize and experience on this issue,

Thanks

Sreekanth

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

4 Answers

  • Best Answer
    Oct 01, 2015 at 05:50 PM

    Hi,  I tried all the ways, did not help.  We found an OSS note for this problem, it says that, it a malfunction in transporting an hierarchy infopackage, the correction is explained in the note 1965709.


    after implementing the correction instructions, I am able to transport infopackage and datasource fine, no problem.


    Thanks again.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Sep 17, 2015 at 01:10 PM

    Hi Sreekanth,

    I agree with Sander, these steps should help you to solve the issue.

    I would only add that when you release this new transport request, do not forget to flag the option "Only necessary objects"

    Regards,

    Janaina

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Sep 17, 2015 at 12:02 AM

    Hi Sreekanth,

    I suggest to proceed as follows:

    1. Activate the DataSource once again in ECC Development;
    2. Create and release a new transport request in ECC;
    3. Replicate and activate the DataSource in BW Development;
    4. Create and release a new transport request in BW;
    5. Import the new ECC transport request in ECC Quality;
    6. Import the new BW transport request in BW Quality.

    If the import again fails, then please share the error message(s) from the import log (long texts if available).

    Best regards,

    Sander

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Sep 17, 2015 at 02:34 PM

    Please share error text.

    Please also make sure you have maintained "Conversion of logical system names" with appropriate values of your source system in QA.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded