Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

Bulk Change failed for Locked documents in V10

Hi Experts,

We recently upgraded to SAP E-Sourcing V10 from V7. We have created a customized module. While trying to change the some field value for these customized documents through Import, we faced an issue wherein most of the import failed because the documents were locked.

We got below error:

# Failed: object 157: You cannot edit the document because you do not have sufficient permissions. Contact the document owner to request access to it.

We were not getting this issue in version 7. Is there some parameter setting that we have missed.

Kindly help us to resolve this issue.

Thanks

Rahul

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Related questions

2 Answers

  • Posted on Sep 14, 2015 at 01:57 PM

    This is most likley do to improvements in the security model. You will need to review what security profile access the import user has in regards to these documents and that the import user has edit rights as a collaborator.

    Regards,

    Gary

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      Hi Gary,

      The security profiles assigned to the user and the edit rights seems to be correct. I guess we are missing some new feature of V10 that is stopping us from changing Locked Documents.

      Thanks

      Rahul

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Sep 15, 2015 at 08:00 AM

    Hi Experts,

    I have noted that this issue exists for Standard modules as well.

    For example if we try to change Project document that is in Locked state through Import sheet, we are getting same error.

    Please provide any comments on this issue.

    Thanks

    Rahul

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Bogdan Toma

      Hi Bogdan Toma,

      I created a script with context Import Life-cycle Event and Target Pre-Process Row. But this script is not triggered at all while doing the import.

      Also I tried unlocking the document in a script that has context Import Life-cycle Event and Target Process Row. Even this is not working.

      Kindly suggest some other way.

      Thanks

      Rahul

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.