Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

Printing Error

   When trying to print a purchase order everyone within my organization is receiving the following error message: Error occurred while accesing component property/method: ShowXmlViewerXI. A generic error occurred in GDI+, Error code 0x80020009 crystal/XmlViewer.p(5890).

Upon further investigation we were able to determine that this error code only pops up when we select barcodes to be printed on the purchase order.

What does the error code mean and how can i fix it. To be clear our purchase orders are a crystal report.

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

3 Answers

  • Best Answer
    avatar image
    Former Member
    Aug 27, 2015 at 06:22 PM

    Don,

    Thank you for your help. Encompix thought that we needed to re-install the Barcode font. We did that on my computer and tried to print it through Encompix but it still was not working.

    I then opened up the report in crystal reports and right clicked on the barcode and selected find in formulas. The formula mentioned barcoding so I thought there was nothing wrong there. I went back to my main report page right clicked on the barcode again and then selected change to barcode. I selected code 128, codeset B. I then tried printing it from Encompix and it worked. I did not create this report Encompix did using crystal reports and we have used it for years...so I don't know why selecting "change to barcode" made a difference. However now when I right click on the barcode and select find in formulas the formula makes not mention of barcode. But it still works. So we are all baffled as to what the issue was.

    We then thought we would have to update the font on everyone's computer but once I saved the new purchase order report to our database it worked for everyone.

    So again I am not sure what the issue was but at least it is fixed. 😊

    -Lenore

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Aug 26, 2015 at 05:47 PM

    Hi Lenore,

    A couple of questions first: 

    What version of Crystal Reports are you using? 

    Are you running the Purchase Order from an application? 

    What type of barcode is the Purchase Order using? 

    If you are running the report from an application, does the report run in Crystal? 

    Do other reports work? 

    If you make a copy of the report and remove the barcode, does the report print? 

    The error could be as simple as making sure the barcode font is installed on the application server. 


    Thanks,

    Brian

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Hi Lenore,

      It could be that barcode font is possibly using a UFL to assist rendering the font also. May be a problem there...

      Curious also, if you go into Programs and Features what do you see for SAP Crystal Report installed products?

      It could be due to multiple versions of our runtime installed and conflicting with each other.

      Don

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Aug 27, 2015 at 11:07 AM

    Brian,

    Thank you!

    Don,

    I see a SAP Crystal Reports 2013 SP5, SAP Crystal Reports runtime engine for .net Framework and Crystal Reports 2008 SP3.

    -Lenore

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Hi Lenore,

      It appears Microsoft has release a patch that breaks Barcode fonts.

      See this post for more info and possible work around:

      http://scn.sap.com/thread/3790973

      Don

      PS - embed the field in a text object seems to work for this guy and I've asked DEV to see if there is anything we can do. You may want to report this to the makers of the Barcode font you are using also...