Skip to Content
0
Aug 24, 2015 at 01:28 PM

Signalling PB Classic window from a .NET COM object

17 Views

Hello, all

I was wondering if anyone here successfully dealt with this problem before.

We have several large PB Classic Apps. They all need to operate a small module, which connects to various external data sources, handles hardware peripherals, and, in general, does all the sort of stuff that PB is not very good at.

The main idea is to write a .NET component and compile it as COM. That, in itself, solves about 80% of the problem. The remaining 20% are located in the requirement of backward event-driven communication between non-visual COM objects and the parent PB apps.

Does anyone have any suggestion what is the best way to do it? The "brute-force" solution of putting the components on the MDI Frame window is the absolutely last resort. wWe would rather have a possibility to pass the reference to the PB window to the component, so the component could, somehow, signal it or raise an event.

Do anyone have any experience with that?

Thank you

Arcady