Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

Error activating infoobjects

Hi Guys,

I am facing an issue while making changes in Dev environment. To make an attribute of 0CUSTOMER navigational, I had to uncheck 'Attribute Only' flag of a an Infoobject (0CITY in my case). After changing this feature, I am unable to activate the infoobject as it is showing 'Error activating Infoobjects'. And the message is 'Value <Value_name> of characteristic 0CITY contains an error at position 2' (refer below screenshot).

Though I can understand it is because of invalid characteristics, but I am unable to identify the data record and the infoprovider it is used in. As it is a dev env, I can delet the invalid characteristic directly. Though I have tried using Where used list of the infoobject but was not helpful enough.

Can anybody suggest me how to trace the incorrect value and delete it please? Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sambit

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Related questions

6 Answers

  • Posted on Aug 22, 2015 at 01:40 AM

    HI Sambit,

    I am afraid that the error message has to do with not permitted characters.

    Please have a look at my blog Introducing an Add-on for Cleansing Character Strings where I introduce a Character String Cleansing add-on. I sugest to implement in the Transformation rule for the affected Characteristic. Then reload and activate the master data. After that you can try again if you are able to make the change.

    Best regards,

    Sander

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Posted on Aug 24, 2015 at 06:05 AM

    Hi Sambit,

    Can you please check infoobject in RSRV for consistency. Even you can check the error details in long text and do analysis based on that error.

    Regards,

    Vengal.

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Posted on Aug 24, 2015 at 07:02 AM

    Hi Sambit

    for this error please implement the note with support of BASIS Team.

    Thanks

    Regards.

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Posted on Aug 24, 2015 at 08:00 AM

    You can try to delete the incorrect record in master data maintenance dialog. It will not be deleted actually because this record is in use, but it will show infocubes where this record is used either in dialog itself or in SLG1 (object RSDMD).

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Posted on Aug 24, 2015 at 09:45 AM

    Hi Dash,

    Your settings are fine.

    But the data which you already loaded/maintained without activation for city is wrong.

    Mean BW server is not accepting ' (single quote), so you need to edit your city name - O'HALLORAN HILL.

    The junk char which is exist in your city name between O and H is not allowed.

    that's you got above error while activating info object.

    at Tx -RSKC try to maintain that junk chat and later try to activate it.

    Other wise ask source team and modify the record at at PSA.

    Thanks

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Aug 25, 2015 at 03:31 PM

    Hello All,

    Thanks for your suggestions but in first place, I am not able to identify where this error record is loaded to (any info provider name). Once I identify that, then I will be able to know the invalid record. As this object is used in many objects but the data record which I am trying to identify is unknown.

    Can anyone suggest any other trick I can use to identify the same? Please note that this is a dev env, so I can experiment (if possible) without much worries.

    Thanks in advance.

    Sambit

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Hi,

      Go to your info provider 0city.

      From there you can go to your PSA-->manage-->see here available requests. in that check latest request data.

      Keep filters on 0city or related ecc field at PSA and use wild chars along with text *HALLORAN HILL*.

      You may find the wrong text data records. modify them and reload to info object 0city.

      it may overwrite the old data.

      Thanks

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.