Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

Error with offlinestore with request with XML format

We're using SMP3 SP08 pl1 with iPad application.

We're setting the OfflineStoreOptions with this example Request:

NSString *req6 = @"/ActivityMediaSet()?$format=json";

(....)

[options addDefiningRequestWithName:@"req6" url:req6 retrieveStreams:NO];



This works great! However we want to enable delta tokens and for this is mandatory to use XML format. So, we change the format value:


NSString *req6 = @"/ActivityMediaSet()?$format=xml";


But we receive the offlineStoreOpenFailed event with this message:


"The operation failed due to an error on the server"


If we try the service on a browser with XML and JSON and works fine.

If in iOS we delete the format tag ( NSString *req6 = @"/ActivityMediaSet()"; ), the gateway get the request as JSON format:

If we've delta token disable, we haven't problem with the request. But if we enable, we obtain a message that JSON is not supported for delta token.



1. Do you know why we are getting this error with XML?

2. What kind of log error we've to enable to trace in SMP Server?


Thank you very much.

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Assigned Tags

Related questions

2 Answers

  • Posted on Aug 06, 2015 at 02:19 PM

    Hi Josue,

    Please configure Debug logging for the Offline component in SMP Admin Cockpit - tab Logs / Settings and change Offline line from Error to Debug.

    Extract from the blog here: #14 SMP3 OData SDK - Performance Tuning with Offline Store

    2. The log trace of offline component with DEBUG level to figure out the bottleneck

    Bump up the trace level for offline component. Go to "LOGS" > "SETTINGS" in admin console.

    Change the log level of the Offline component to "debug" and the trace "Enabled".

    Now the offline component is ready to show the useful info.

    The info provides very fine details of the offline store, you'll get clear idea what's happening behind the scenes. The timestamp data also tells you where's the bottleneck is.

    Hope this will help in troubleshooting the issue.

    All the best!

    Pavel


    logs_setting.png (41.1 kB)
    debug.png (18.1 kB)
    log.png (83.0 kB)
    details.png (79.5 kB)
    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Posted on Oct 22, 2015 at 03:25 PM

    If the service doesn't have edit links, they need to the exposed and that should fix the issue.

    See KBA 2219208

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.