Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

SuccessFactors DataStore timeout

Hi everyone,
we have recently created a SuccessFactors adapter instance in our Data Services (4.2 SP6 Patch 5) environment. Even if the adapter starts successfully, we are having the following problem when creating a DataStore:

01/02/17 09:50:42 Thread[Thread-10,5,main] While interacting with SuccessFactors, an error occured: Failed to access the WSDL at: XXXX. It failed with: Connection timed out: connect (local port XXXX to address XXXX, remote port XXXX to address XXXX).
01/02/17 09:50:42 Thread[Thread-10,5,main] Cannot start session. com.acta.adapter.sdk.AdapterException: While interacting with SuccessFactors, an error occured: Failed to access the WSDL at: XXXX. It failed with: Connection timed out: connect (local port XXXX to address XXXX, remote port XXXX to address XXXX).
at com.acta.adapter.successfactors.SuccessFactorsSession.start(SuccessFactors Session.java:65)
at com.acta.adapter.sdk.AdapterRunnerImpl.processStartSession(AdapterRunnerImpl.java: 1864)
at com.acta.adapter.sdk.AdapterServiceDataListener.handleBrokerMessage(Adapter ServiceDataListener.java:86)
at com.acta.brokerclient.BrokerClient.handleMessage(BrokerClient.java:406)
at com.acta.brokerclient.BrokerClient.access$100(BrokerClient.java:53)
at com.acta.brokerclient.BrokerClient$MessageHandler.run(BrokerClient.java:1559)
at com.acta.brokerclient.ThreadPool$PoolThread.run(ThreadPool.java:100)

We've been told the Data Services server has already been added to the SuccessFactors whitelist.

We've verified we are able to call the SuccessFactors API using SOAPUI from the Data Services server.

An incident has been raised to SAP Support, but we haven't received a solution yet.

The 2262720 - SuccessFactor DataStore Connection Issue: Timeout SAP note describes our problem, but provides no solution ("This issue has been forwarded to Development for further investigation. DHR 5000563074").

Has any of you run into the same problem?

Thanks beforehand,
AIS.

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

4 Answers

  • Best Answer
    avatar image
    Former Member
    Feb 17, 2017 at 09:50 AM

    Hi everyone,

    there was a mistake in our proxy configuration.

    We've finally managed to create the DataStore.

    Thanks,

    Alex.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Feb 01, 2017 at 04:22 PM

    do you use proxy? and what's the Web service end point that you use?

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      Dear Aasavari,

      we do use a proxy and have already defined the following parameters in the SuccessFactors Adapter Instance's Additional Java Launcher Options:

      • Dhttp.proxyHost
      • Dhttp.proxyPort
      • Dhttp.proxyUser
      • Dhttp.proxyPassword

      The Web Service End Point we are currently using is the following one: https://api012.successfactors.eu/sfapi/v1/soap12?wsdl. As I mentioned before, we can reach it using a web browser on the Data Services server. We have also succeeded in calling the API using SOAPUI on the Data Services server.

      Thanks beforehand,

      Alex.

  • Feb 02, 2017 at 01:59 PM


    In most cases these are proxy related issues or end point url. Can you test with end point url:

    https://performancemanager10.successfactors.com/sfapi/v1/soap?wsdl

    Also what activity do you see on the ports - using netstat

    , the ports can be obtained from the error:

    com.acta.adapter.sdk.AdapterException: While interacting with SuccessFactors, an error occured: Failed to access the WSDL at: XXXX. It failed with: Connection timed out: connect (local port XXXX to address XXXX, remote port XXXX to address XXXX).

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Arun Sasi

      Dear Arun Sasi,

      we've already given that a try and the result is exactly the same, the DataStore creation times out.

      Thanks!

      AIS

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Feb 08, 2017 at 09:08 AM

    We've checked the Audit Log on the SuccessFactors side and all the requests have been successfully executed. However, we still have the timeout issue when creating the DataStore.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded