Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

CORS Issue while getting Custom Theme

I have designed the custom theme and saved it as default via SAP_FLP theme parameter in /UI2/NWBC_CFG_CUST Tcode. I have deleted User profile in SU01. Cleaned up all the caches, it is working fine when tested internally. However when I made it go live for public via SAP Web dispatcher as a reverse proxy, it is not loading the custom theme properly. On checking in the console, I came to know that XMLHTTPREQUEST to internal server (which is obviously not public) fails due to cross origin resource sharing (CORS) issue. It says no access origin allow parameter is placed in the response header. Any suggestion how to fix this issue as I am completely confused on it as it is a FIORI issue or SAP Web Dispatcher Issue?

Kindly help.

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Assigned Tags

Related questions

3 Answers

  • Best Answer
    Posted on Aug 18, 2015 at 03:44 PM

    Hi Parth,

    Please use the WebD URL in Application detail by Edit the Custom Theme in Theme_Designer.

    This is happening because before going Live- you have maintained the Internal FQDN in theme designer for your Custom Theme and now you are trying to Run the External FQDN which is not configured in Theme Designer so just Edit/ add the exact FQDN in Theme_Designer. Save and build again........

    Hope this will help!

    KR,

    ~ Mahendra

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Posted on Jul 07, 2015 at 08:29 AM

    Parth, Can you provide Fiori URL and the URL you are getting CORS issue? What is it loading?

    Have you mentioned complete URL anywhere? I

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Posted on Nov 12, 2015 at 09:46 PM

    Hi Parth,

    Were you able to solve the issue after accessing the theme designer from reverse proxy to build the theme again ?

    Thanks,

    Anil.

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Hi Anil, the situation in our installation is as you describe.

      Usually a second entry in HTTPURLLOC for the application server should fix this. But a second entry made things worse in our installation. We did not open an incident because we can live with this. We decided that everybody will always use the webdispatcher URL for all services. Nobody ever should use application server hostname. But my experience is nearly one year old.

      My recommendation: If you cannot live with it give it a try with a second table entry. And if it does not work properly with two table entries open an incident.

      Good luck,

      Lutz

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.