Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

Parsing Errors from client machine on BO universe

Hello Experts

Recently, I face an issue (error attached below) when parsing some of my existing objects (dimensions)  I did my recent changes (addition of 2 fact tables along with its context) and did integrity check after my whole work's completion which resulted in no errors. But after few hours when I came to cross verify before promoting to another environment (from development to test), it show new errors that is not relevant at all.

Error:

Query script generation failed. [Ljava.lang.Object;@3cd21a (WIS 00013)

No changes were done from DB end before or after my universe work. I tried contacting administrator if this can be due to access issue but it seem to work on all possible ways. Later, I observed that this issue happens only on my client machine (where whole development is done with client installation) and when doing parse check directly from BO server gives no errors.

I tried re-creating objects, providing custom query, checked my connection if it was not working but nothing helped. Since we cannot demand to provide BO server for development work, it is indeed becomes essential to find root cause on client machine so as to continue our work. Can you please help me to negate this issue?

Note:

We are using version SAP Business Objects 4.0 SP6 and its database is Oracle 11g. Used IDT application for universe development.

Regards

Kishore Balachandran

Error.jpg (74.8 kB)
Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

4 Answers

  • Jun 30, 2015 at 04:06 AM

    So, If you publish the universe to platform and then someone else opens the universe then there are no issues.

    • If the above statement is correct, just try deleting your local project (and the resources) and import it again from your platform. Maybe your "local" resources got corrupted.
    • If you are using resources from shared Project, make sure all dependent objects (connection, DF & BL) are up-to date.
    • one another possibility could be that the DB user account you use has restricted access. Check with DBA if the rights are properly setup for the account that you use in the connection.

    When you say it was working and then after a couple of hours it stopped working, IMHO something has changed in the middle. Double check if something has changed.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Jun 29, 2015 at 02:36 PM

    Hi,

    universe connection is working while testing connection?

    If you have multiple copies of universe under the IDT->Project then open different one and try on that.

    is you new connection working?

    check the logs of IDT.

    installation location\bimodeler_14\workspace

    Amit

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Jun 30, 2015 at 07:51 AM

    Hi Kishore,

    The error may be related to the corruption of PRM file on your machine.

    Try replacing it with a file from a working machine.

    Thanks,

    Imran

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Jul 08, 2015 at 02:25 PM

    Thank you guys for your valuable input.

    We did foresee this error even when other users retrieve on same virtual machine. So we tried using different machine with same version installed on it and was working splendidly. 

    We believe that re-installation of SAP Business Objects could do the rest and it did.

    --

    Regards

    Kishore Balachandran

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded