Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

Solman Technical Monitoring alert not triggered

Hi guys,

I'm currently configuring Technical Monitoring in Solman (version 7.1 SP12). I've created a custom template using the Oracle template and enabled the metric 'Oracle Database Status' such that I get an email notification whenever the database goes down:

To do a test, I shutdown the database and waited for quite some time but I didn't receive the mail.

What frequency does the hostagent checks for the database status? Is there anything I missed in the configurations?

regards,

Suraj

pastedImage_0.png (40.0 kB)
Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

3 Answers

  • Jun 17, 2015 at 12:48 PM

    Click on the 'Expert Mode' yellow button in the upper right hand corner of your screenshot, this will allow you to see the thresholds of the current Metric you have highlighted; also keep in mind that a threshold value is one dely, also review the data collection as that could also be set to 15 mins or 2 hours (typically availability alerts are minute checks).

    Also if you go to the TechMon work center you can verify under system status if you have a grey metric for this; if that is true then you are not collecting metrics correctly on the DB and need to fix that.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Jun 17, 2015 at 12:43 PM

    Hello Suraj,

    can you check SCOT transaction, if there are the emails in status waiting?

    Best regards

    Carlos Behlau

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Jun 18, 2015 at 09:48 AM

    HI Suraj,

    As Billy suggested the areas that you should look into, further more have a look at extractors and agent framework. Check and share the error you are getting. If you see no values are reported for DB availability, look into the cause and share the same.

    Regards,

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      Hi all,

      The issue got resolved. In step Enable Web Services in System Preparation, I configured E2E_DPC_PUSH also. The documentation there only mentions E2E_DCC_PUSH (I guess there's some mistake....).


      We close the discussion now.


      regards,


      Suraj