Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

The case of the disappearing variables in WEBI4.1

Hello, i'm hoping someone can at least shed some light on this before i go absolutely crazy, especially with the amount of hours i've lost with this issue.

Just to go through what i'm experiencing, i have a table with 4 columns.

1st column is a variable that i've created called 'Categorise' - =[Feed Wheat]+[Mill Wheat]+[Pulses]+[Oats]+[Feed Barley]+[Malting Barley]+[Oil Seeds]

This variable is fed from 7 other variables, so for example the Feed Barley variable - =If([Position Category] InList("Feed Barley");"Feed Barley";"").

So anything that has "Feed Barley" in the Position Category object gets put into the Feed Barley category

2nd column is the Position Category object.

3rd column and 4th column are Object Keys.

I've included a couple of screenshots of how the table looks.


The issue i'm having is that if i do a custom sort on the Position Category object column, with a normal ascending or descending sort it works fine, when i save the file, close it down and then come to reopen the file later, it has wiped all of the variables. No error comes up at all when i save or open, the variables are completely gone. I can do a custom sort on any of the other columns without issue but i do a custom sort of Position Category, it wipes the variables the next time i open the file.

SAP error 2.JPG (51.0 kB)
SAP error.JPG (48.6 kB)
Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Related questions

2 Answers

  • Posted on May 21, 2015 at 12:35 PM

    Simon,

    Are you using the rich-client to do this? Did you check to make sure the rich-client of WebI is the exact same build as the BI Platform?

    Regards,

    Ajay

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      It's the Web interface rather than the Rich Client and the version number is 4.1 Support Pack 2 Version: 14.1.2.1121.

      Just to add another bit of information that might help.

      The report is made up of 4 BEX queries and each of those 4 BEX queries have an object called 'Position Category'. If I do a custom sort on the individual 'Position Category' objects, it works fine, the issue seems to only happen when i merge the 4 'Position Category's together and then do a custom sort on the merged object.

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on May 21, 2015 at 12:36 PM

    Just a quick update, if i get rid of column 1 which is the custom variable, so i only have the Position Category and the 2 Key columns, and then do a custom sort, it still wipes the variables when opening the file the next time.

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.