Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

Addon queue is not calculated in SUM

Dear Experts,

We are upgrading our solution manager to SP13(from SP10) using the SUM tool. The XML was calculated using the Maintenance Optimizer. And we are stuck in the Configuration phase where the add-on queue is calculated.

The SUM tool points to the log file "SPDA_ADDONQCALC.LOG" (Attached) and we are not possible to move to the next phase.

Upon analyzing the log, we found the issue to be "Required Add-On component "BI_CONT" rel."705" is not installed". We checked in the system and found that BI_CONT is installed and the existing component version is 706 SP 2.

Kindly let us know why the XML points to the release 705 while the existing is 706?

We tried to upgrade the same using the SAINT and ended up with conflict in addon ST BCO 710 & BI_CONT. And as per the hown resolution in the SAINT, we placed the CRT: SAPK-71008INSTBCO (screen shot attached) file in the \\sapmnt\usr\sap\trans\EPS\in folder and re-executed which also ended up in the same error.

Please share your suggestions on resolving the same.

Thanks in advance,

Vivek.

error2.jpg (19.8 kB)
error.jpg (156.1 kB)
Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Follow
  • Get RSS Feed

2 Answers

  • Best Answer
    May 20, 2015 at 11:04 AM

    Hi Vivek ,

    Did you already check the following Note ?

    1961492 - SAINT : Conflict between ST-BCO 710 and BI_CONT 707 during BI_CONT 707 upgrade


    Is the correct version of BI_CONT getting reflected and marked relevant in LMDB ?


    Thanks ,

    Manu

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Former Member

      Hi Ram,

      Yes, before the upgrade, this was the first thing which I did.

      I did check the SLD LMDB synch, Product system verification and using this product I generated the XML file.

      I am still clueless what was wrong with the XML file which I generated!.

      Many Thanks.

  • May 20, 2015 at 11:04 AM

    Hi,

    You stepped into the "Chicken-egg Problem".

    the stack XML for the SolMan cannot be created via MOPz, it is available via Support Packages and Patches | SAP Support Portal

    Best Regards Roland


    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Roland Kramer

      Hi Roland,

      I used SAINT because the SUM failed to calculate queue and I wanted to proceed with upgrade. Since SAINT also ended up in error. I prefer to trouble shoot the SUM tool since its recommended and upgrades ABAP & JAVA in one single shot.

      I resolved this issue by using the XML file available in the installation media (Media which updated system from SP4 to SP13). The queue got calculated and I was able to get past the phase.

      Thanks.