Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

Large memory increases for prowin32.exe sessions

When using the Crystal .NET runtime, has the SAP OEM team seen an issue where the prowin32.exe sessions are taking up large amounts of memory over a period of time when using Crystal reports?

http://knowledgebase.progress.com/articles/Article/P123672

What typically is the acceptable memory usage level and/or range for the prowin32.exe sessions when using Crystal reports?

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Related questions

1 Answer

  • Best Answer
    Posted on May 19, 2015 at 08:04 PM

    Most likely reason for memory increases as described in the KBA you reference is that the report object is not being closed when the app is finished with it. E.g.; use:

    ReportObj.Close()

    ReportObj.Discard()

    From the info supplied here and / or in the KBA, that is the best guess I can make.

    - Ludek

    Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

    Follow me on Twitter

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • That would depend on the report so hard to say. However the memory should not be increasing. If a report is loaded, processed and disposed the memory should return to original. This may not happen instantly, you may see 90% of the memory returned on dispose, the other 10% may take a few seconds, but the memory is returned. I've tested this in VS, not prowin32.exe.




      - Ludek

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.