Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

Field labels in login screen

Hi,

I am experiencing strange field labels in the CDT 7.0.8 login screen:

Any suggestions why this is happening?

Thies

CDT.jpg (34.7 kB)
Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

3 Answers

  • Best Answer
    May 19, 2015 at 02:12 PM

    Hi Thies,

    that looks really strange. My first guess would be that your browser is sending language code which is not supported or the text resource file is not found correctly on server.

    Did you try to explicitly set your language to English , for instance, in Internet Explorer preferences?

    Is this fresh installation or upgrade - if yes, what was your previous version?

    I have done 2 upgrades to SP8 recently and it was without any problem.

    Regards,

    Dawood.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • May 20, 2015 at 07:08 AM

    Do you have this issue at all clients? Also at clients which didn't use 6.0.10.0 before?

    I would try to clear the browser's cache.

    BR,

    Thomas

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      Hi Thomas,

      thanks for the Tip with clearing the browser cache, which unfortunately didn't solve the problem. As we are currently testing the upgrade, I only had three clients I could test with so far. All showed the same behaviour. One was a new install without having an earlier version of CDT installed.

      Thies

  • Jul 18, 2015 at 12:30 PM

    Hi,

    I found another way to solve the same issue, at least one that worked for me.

    Actually the default language Dawood mentioned seemed to be the culprit in my case.

    I also did an update to 7.0.8, but actually we had the issue previously with some earlier 7.0 version in a different installation.

    Edit: the wrong small letter Version seems only to show up in systems which had been migrated from BCM 6.0 Installations.

    After the update we did not pay attention to the default language which was still the default englisch. And yes, "english" was what was shown in IA within the software parameters.

    Checking the drop down list, I found that our english entry with small e sat right at the end, while all other languages had been wirtten with capital letters in front.

    As mentioned we didn´t pay attention, but it seems in some place something changed here.

    After selecting the new "English" entry and the standard synchronise/apply all variables now showed the correct text during logon.

    My guess, decission for language is case sensitive, and with the english entry, simply no language was found andno translation was used. If someone wants to prove, you might want to change the writing of the language name in the translator.txt file and reset the VU, this might bring it back into a working condition as well. At least until the next update.

    I guess a new VU installation actually does the same trick, as you would automatically select the capital letter version of the language.

    BR

    Alexander

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Hi Alexander,

      good job!

      With your hint, I was able to reliably reproduce the problem and finally tick off this problem from my head 😊 - was like a little worm intruding my sleep 😊.

      So how it (probably) works?

      The VU Website default language is written into registry key HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432node\Wicom\<VU website name>\WebClient\cdt (among others), with its uppercased code (e.g. CS for Czech, EN for English).

      Now the same key is then used for column selection in file <VU websitename>\web\cdt\TRANSLATOR.TXT.

      I tried to manually lower case the Default language registry value from "CS" to "cs", restarted the VU and the CDT logon screen was broken - same picture as Thies Laemmke complained.

      Then I edited first row of the TRANSLATOR.TXT - found the "CS" column, lower case, saved, restarted the VU - and the CDT screen was fixed.

      So it must be probably some leftover of previous versions, as you suggested. I have never came across this problem.

      Thanks and regards,

      Dawood.