Skip to Content

SLT Replication with Oracle Source

Hi everyone,

I am trying to create a configuration with Oracle as Source. I already created the DB Connection in DBACOCKPIT and the connection is established succesfully. But when I try to create the configuration and the SLT asks me to enter a schema, I get the following error message:

In the DBACOCKPIT, I used the same schema name and the test was fine. So I don't get the problem.

Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Scott

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

5 Answers

  • Best Answer
    avatar image
    Former Member
    May 05, 2017 at 01:05 PM

    The solution:

    The User used to create the DBConnection needs the permission to read the view DBA_USERS. In this way, the SLT checks if the schema is existing in the database.

    Best regards

    Ulf

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Feb 02, 2017 at 07:11 AM

    Hi Scott,

    name is case sensitive, did you check this point?

    Please let me know the output of following sql from oracle source:

    select username from dba_users;

    Best regards,
    James

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Feb 02, 2017 at 11:41 AM

    Hi Scott

    Try let's Schema Name and Tablespace Name unfilled if this fields not are mandatory.

    Best regards

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Feb 13, 2017 at 03:49 PM

    Hi Scott,

    I guess that problem can be connected with DB permissions of your user.
    Please check the SAP Note 1771460 that describes required permissions for user in case when you use Oracle DB.

    Kind regards

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Feb 28, 2017 at 01:37 PM

    Hi,

    I updated the SLT Server to the newest Support Package. Now it's working.

    Thanks for all your help.

    Regards,

    Scott

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded