Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

Create an Alias in SICF for SOA Web Services

We have various Enterprise Web Services (SOAP) which are available via URLs which look like this:

Whenever we change the interface (changing the Function Modules) we have to create a new Enterprise Web Service (and config and binding...) in SOAMANAGER and this is not only tedious but it means a new URL.

We would like to have a fixed URL pointing to the latest version of the service. Something like:

When we create such an alias in SICF and point it to the above path and binding it does not work. We get a 500 error with the following response:

HTTP/1.1 500 SRT: Unexpected failure in SOAP processing occurred: ("No Web service configuration for this access path: "/zws/serviceX"")
content-type: text/html
content-length: 0
server: SAP NetWeaver Application Server / ABAP 731

Can anyone explain this message, or suggest a solution?

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

2 Answers

  • Best Answer
    Oct 13, 2015 at 08:32 AM


    I was too quick with my first Response.
    I found out what Needs to be done.

    Aliasses, internal or external ones, to SICF Services that belong to SOAP runtime, meaning Services that are defined in SOAMANAGER, are not to be maintained in SICF.

    Instead you define an alternative Access URL in the Transport Settings of your Service configuration in SOAMANAGER. This will be shown in SICF as an external alias.

    In SOAMANAGER find your Service, edit the configuration. open the Transport Settings tab, enter there an alternative URL. Save your Settings.

    Snap112.jpg (319.3 kB)
    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Oct 13, 2015 at 07:33 AM


    We have the very same issue. I also tried defining an alias in SICF for a SOAMANAGER based web Service. The web Service with ist original URL can be called, but the alias raises HTTP 500 error.

    I would also be interested in a solution to this.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded