I am trying to convince my company (automotive industry) of using XI for putting up communication between the different applications (SAP and NON-SAP).
Currently all interfaces are custom developments on each individual component.
Benefits would be:
- predelivered content for connecting towards SAP appz, so no more program changes need to be made when upgrading these appz + are programmed in the most performant way
- easy to add/remove interface, whitout downtime
- Standaard adapters predelivered
- B2B integration with industry standard STAR can be bought
- re-use of existing components (if custom devz are needed, it is sufficient to do it only once and then it can be used by all components in the landscape!)
- ... .
As you can is my main argument the predelivered content (adapters), so that no more custom devz are needed for this purpose.
There will be also other arguments.
Can you guys give me some more positive AND negative points of the usage.
Thanks in advance