Skip to Content

Mapping Builtin function does not work as before

Hi Experts,

after we patch our PO system from 7.40 SP05 to SP09, some of the builtin mapping function does not work as before. Partically we have notice that the "DateBefore" function has different conextswitch handeling. We don't find any annoucement about this kind of change in the Release Note. Please have a look on the attached screenshots.

We want to rollback our system to SP05 and probably patch to SP08. Could someone tell me whether this problem exist in SP08 ?

Any help will be appreciated.

best regards,

Hai

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Assigned Tags

Related questions

2 Answers

  • Posted on Jan 23, 2015 at 10:34 PM

    Dear Hai Long,

    IMHO, the result in the SP09 mapping seems to be the correct one - there is only 1 context in the first input, and many contexts in the second, so it should only be able to compare the first context.

    I think the behavior that you are seeing in SP05 is a bug and that is why it might have been fixed. And if it is a bug, it won't be reported in release notes - only enhancements are. However, you can check in the corresponding OSS notes for releases SP06-SP09 to see the associated bugs that were fixed.

    I would not suggest adding the logic above just to retain previous behavior and have the mapping work based on a bug behavior. If you need to compare 1 value against many value, you can always add a UseOneAsMany for your first input before it goes into the DateBefore function.

    See Stefan Grube's response in the blog above:

    Mappings which are wrong designed based on the wrong behaviour will fail after the fix, but mappings which are designed correct will still work.

    It does not seem worthwhile reverting to an older SP just to retain a buggy behavior. The latest SPs comes with bug fixes and tons of enhancements and new functionalities.

    Rgds

    Eng Swee

    Message was edited by: Eng Swee Yeoh

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Posted on Jan 23, 2015 at 04:15 PM

    Hi Hai,

    this was the issue in PI 7.1 or 7.3 upgrade. Please refer the below blog

    PI/XI: PI 7.1 upgrade/migration - Message Mappings

    you can overcome this by adding below line in init function.

    retainlastValueofPreviousContext=true;


    regards,

    Harish

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Hi Harish,

      I think we are talking about different PI version. The mentioned blog is from 2009, our system is on 7.40SP05 and 7.40SP09.

      I still get the same problem even if I add the code line "retainlastValueofPreviousContext=true;".

      regards,

      Hai

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.