Skip to Content

oData service deployment error using Integration Gateway from SOAP

Dear All,

I am using Integration gateway to deploy oData services and backend is SOAP web services where I have designed my data model manually and assigned a datasource also after that mapped both request and response for the data set and now when I try to publish on the SMP Server it shows following error :

But there is no error in the console of Eclipse I am using Eclipse Juno with SMP3.0.3 version .

I have followed this blog for the reference : How to connect SOAP WebServices with Integration Gateway in SMP3

Please suggest what would be the root cause for this, is there any chance that due to data model definition there might be an issue.

Regards,

Fenil

pastedImage_1.png (55.5 kB)
Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

5 Answers

  • Best Answer
    avatar image
    Former Member
    Jan 13, 2015 at 08:02 AM

    Hi All,

    Just as a reference on what we did to achieve this error message,

    When you configure the Webservice method,

    we provide four parameters per operation while defining a request response, one of which is Namespace in which we add the targetNamespace field from the wsdl file. it is something like http://tempui.org/

    If this error comes to people who are deploying the project, please look at this field as well.

    It could be any url address but when you put this on the browser it should resolve into something.

    Check with the Webservice team if you are facing this error.

    they will help you fix this.

    Just to be sure if it is the targetNamespace error, instead of your value put something like http://www.google.com by changing the datasource profile,and then try to deploy it.

    If it succedds, then its the targetNamespace url error.

    Hope this helps,

    Thanks,

    Rakshit Doshi

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Jan 09, 2015 at 03:12 PM

    Hi Fenil,

    You should use Eclipse Kepler instead of Juno with SMP tools installed, How to install SAP Mobile Platform Tools for Integration Gateway in Eclipse IDE

    Unfortunately the blog you are referring is not updated.

    Regards, Midhun

    SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Midhun VP

      Dear Midhun,

      I tried it on Eclipse Juno the same web service and also the OData Model Toolkit version 1.1.0.

      It gave the same error because of the targetNamespace issue. I changed it to http://www.google.com and it deployed.

      So i told that its irrelevant of the version of Eclipse.

      You are correct. The use of Juno is deprecated but we just wanted to make sure whether it was due to the version or due to the parameters

      Thanks,

      Rakshit Doshi

  • Jan 12, 2015 at 07:18 PM

    Hi Experts,

    This issue is been resolved it was the namesapce in the wsdl which wasn't valid so I was not able to deploy the service and actual credit goes to Former Member for this as he pointed out this.

    @Jitendra Kansal thanks for your support and prompt responses as well.

    Regards,

    Fenil.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Jan 10, 2015 at 12:01 PM

    Hi Jitendra,

    I followed the steps you suggested and that Entity type can be created with fresh eclipse ans fresh set of tools and again I created new project and created new models did the binding after that I get the same error as in earlier project saying below message

    and also find the eclipse error logs for your reference

    Regards,

    Fenil.


    pastedImage_0.png (34.1 kB)
    pastedImage_1.png (75.2 kB)
    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Hi Jitendra,

      All the points verified below :

      1. Yes all of them at 1.1.3 version

      2 Yes I select Target Runtime server as "SAP Mobile Platform 3.0 SP03 or lower" and I am working on SMP 3.0 SP03

      3. Nope I am working remotely SMP server is on separate machine

      4. This I will confirm within short frame today itself.

      5. I don't have any proxy issues as I able to ping the SMP server which is not available locally but remotely and also have registered 1 service with same

      I will suggest that SMP upgrade to SP05 as well.

      Regards,

      Fenil.

  • Jan 10, 2015 at 02:35 PM

    As already said, it seems to a NETWORK related issue.

    If time permits, you can try with Article Service example as given in your reference guide, if you still get the same error while deployment for this SOAP WS then you have to take help from local IT team.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Hi Jitendra,

      I think it is not Eclipse version issue not even Toolkit version as I have done both of them with fresh Eclipse version and Toolkit version and as suggested by you I will try to deploy the Article services also today itself and check that if that ain't working then I need to catch hold of the Network Guy.

      Also had few inputs from Former Member as well for this.

      Regards,

      Fenil.