Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

webI error in Rich client after saved by infoview

Dear experts

searching for your help:

1.Our BO is 4.1 SP3 Patch 8 (both client and server)

2.I created WebI by Rich client and saved. (Universes based on  HANA, creadted by IDT, UNX)

3.I opened the WebI by infoview in CMC or BI launch pad. Edited and Saved.

4.I opened the Webi by Rich client again. And at this time, WebI Error. (But infoview can open it normally)

Error description:

1. Only the first query name and fields can be displayed normally in Rich client.

2. The other querys, lost their name and all fields.

3. Can't reflesh Webi in Rich client. (But infoview can)

    Error message:

java.lang.NullPointerException

  at com.sap.webi.ui.context.managers.DataManager.showQueryPanel(DataManager.java:2991)

  at com.sap.webi.ui.context.managers.DataManager.editDataProvider(DataManager.java:585)

  at com.sap.webi.ui.tasks.workflows.EditDataProviderUITask.doneProcess(EditDataProviderUITask.java:90)

  at com.sap.webi.toolkit.ui.tasks.WebITask$PrivateWorker.done(WebITask.java:378)

  at javax.swing.SwingWorker$5.run(Unknown Source)

  at javax.swing.SwingWorker$DoSubmitAccumulativeRunnable.run(Unknown Source)

  at sun.swing.AccumulativeRunnable.run(Unknown Source)

  at javax.swing.SwingWorker$DoSubmitAccumulativeRunnable.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)

  at javax.swing.Timer.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)

  at javax.swing.Timer$DoPostEvent.run(Unknown Source)

  at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)

  at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)

  at java.awt.EventQueue.access$200(Unknown Source)

  at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)

  at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)

  at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

  at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)

  at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

  at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)

  at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)

  at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)

  at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)

  at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)

  at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

1.png (43.2 kB)
2.png (6.5 kB)
3.png (12.2 kB)
4.png (13.0 kB)
5.png (12.3 kB)
Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

2 Answers

  • Jan 09, 2015 at 08:57 AM

    Hi Ally ,

    Check your server and clients are in at same patch level.We faced this , it was because of client and server were in different SP and patch.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Jan 12, 2015 at 09:32 AM

    Hi Ally,

    Please perform the following test and update with the findings:-

    1) Open the report in BI Launchpad and remove all the contents from the report of Query 2 (The query which has missing variables and objects)

    2) Save this report with a different name

    3) Try to open this in WebI Rich Client

    Regards,

    Manpreet

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      Hi Manpreet

      Followed your processes, It's ok.

      But in fact, I removed all querys but one left in WebI, It's ok too.

      WebI in rich client can just open 1 query that had saved by infoview. More than 1 query, The others would be lost.