Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

Design Studio Percent Of Total Calculation

Hi,

We have hit this issue where we want to show the Percent of Total in design studio crosstab.

Say i have data in below format which is attached to a cross tab. All this data is coming from the Data Set.

Company Sales Sales % Total A 30 30% B 20 20% C 40 40% D 10 10% Total 100 100%

Now when i filter the data it shows up as below, see the percentage it is not showing now % of total

Company Sales Sales % Total A 30 30% B 20 20% Total 50 50%

We actually want it to be shown as below

Company Sales Sales % Total A 30 60% B 20 40% Total 50 100%

Is there a way to do this in Design Studio? Any help is much appreciated.

Regards,

vipul

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

6 Answers

  • Best Answer
    avatar image
    Former Member
    Jan 08, 2015 at 09:54 AM

    Hi,

    Design Studio Crosstab Component does not provide option to calculate new Column in it .

    You can try following .

    1) Create Custom Component for Tabular data which can provide you this facility.

    Or

    2) Calculate it at Data Source Level .

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Hi Nikhil,

      If i have understood correctly, I don't think the requirement is to add a calculated column to a crosstab.  It is already being calculated in the data source.  The issue seems to be that when a filter is applied, the calculated column in the data source is not recalculated based on the filtered rows.

      Regards,

      Mustafa.

  • Jan 08, 2015 at 10:15 AM

    Agree with Nikhil - calculate this at the BEx Query level

    Design Studio does not support local calculations

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Jan 08, 2015 at 10:51 AM

    This is a universe based report.

    If i have to write the query in universe then it will be like below

    SELECT a1.State, a1.Sales, a1.Sales/(SELECT SUM(Sales) FROM Total_Sales) Pct_To_Total

    FROM Total_Sales a1

    But the problem comes when there is a where clause as seen below. I cant propagate it to both the select in the below query

    SELECT a1.State, a1.Sales, a1.Sales/(SELECT SUM(Sales) FROM Total_Sales where State IN ("DC","TX")) Pct_To_Total

    FROM Total_Sales a1

    where State IN ("DC","TX")

    So i assume Design Studio cant be used to represent such data.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Jan 08, 2015 at 12:59 PM

    BOE 4.1 SP2 Patch 1

    DS 1.3 SP2

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Mar 03, 2015 at 02:26 PM

    Hi,

    Just to refresh the thread

    I have the same issue, did you guys find some solution for that ?

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Mar 03, 2015 at 03:38 PM

    there is no solution as of now, you have to build it in universe or bex query.

    Regards,

    vipul

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded