Skip to Content

SAP US-payroll calculation of accurals

Hi all.

I have set up the configuration to calculate month end accrulas via function UACGT and the results are stored in the internal table ACCR. Unfortunally DEBIT and CREDIT are not balancing and therefore I got an error during payroll posting. The reason DEBIT and CREDIT are not balancing are rounding problems because of 1 or 2 Cents (e.g 70% of a 34.85 are 10.455 which will be rounded to 10.46). Not sure how I can handle that situation.

I am even more confused because I can not find any similar problem description anywhere in the net.

Not sure what to do.

Volker 

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

1 Answer

  • Jan 05, 2015 at 02:55 PM

    Hi Volker,

    What the wage types causing difference?

    Did you investigate cause of the rounding issues?

    Do let me know so I may be able to assist.

    Thanks,

    Ameet

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Hi Ameet.

      The cause of the rounding issue is just maths.

      In my case the accruals are 30%.

      In case you have a wage type with an posting amount of 34.85 USD and you calculate 30% for the accrual the result is 10.455 USD, which is rounded to 10.46 USD. In case you have such roundings for several wage types and add them into the two totals (CREDIT, DEBIT) there might be 1 or 2 cent differences between these two totals.

      Therefore I thought that everybody using that functionality might have such problems. There is one special thing in my case: I do not use the SAP-NET payroll - instead we load the calculated wage types from an external provider, store them in the payroll cluster (via RPCALCU0)  and conduct the payroll and accrual posting. This works perfect for payroll posting of 420 EEs - only the accruals of 18 EEs have such cent differences in the accruals (which seems logic for me).

      In the meantime we modified the function UACGF (assigned the difference to a predefined wage type) and so the process works.

      Nevertheless I am not sure whether I have missed something - that was the reason I wrote that blog. I think I will open a SAP ticket.

      Volker