Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

Client XXX is not available in this System - After DB refresh/Homogeneous Copy

Hi All,

I have taken a full backup and followed by that 2 days 2 differential backups using SQL Studio Manager (2008 R2), With this i have done a DB restore in another server started with Full backup in RESTORE WITH NONRECOVERY mode and next latest differential backup in RESTORE WITH RECOVERY by using SAPinst i have done a Homogeneous Copy (EHP4).

After the installation i have started SAP and while tried to login to our Business Client - 200 i received a error message by saying "Client 200 is not available in this System" only default Clients 000/001/066 were available,Logging in with 000 i checked in SCC4/T000 table there was no entry of 200 Client, but when i checked from SQL level through query i can see all the client/users/data everything exist. I'm really confused with this strange issue.

Kindly help me friends to resolve this issue or correct me if am wrong at any step.


Thanks in Advance.


Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Assigned Tags

Related questions

2 Answers

  • Posted on Dec 18, 2014 at 08:00 AM

    Hi

    1. After restore the DB from source to target system,& before starting the system copy have you taken the source system export?

    2. Your system copy completed without having any error ? could you check the sapinst.log on you local disk c:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\

    BR

    SS

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Hi

      On the SAP Notes you have attachment, extract those zip in your SAP system one of the temp folder.. first do the schema repair and then check the client 200. or move the schema to Dev, before starting this process better take the full backup of your MS Sql backup.

      BR

      SS

  • Posted on Jan 10, 2015 at 08:12 AM

    Did you get your system working correctly, or are you still having this issue?

    If you are, when you ran SAPINST on the target system, did you run with the option for "database copy completion"? If you did, there should have been a fairly long-running and obvious step in there where the tool moved objects from the source system schema to the target system schema.

    Which version of SAPINST are you using, and where did you obtain it from? It makes a difference, whether you obtained it via the new 70SWPM tool, or if it's the old SAPINST.

    Regards,

    Matt

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.