Skip to Content

HANA SP9 Installation Issue

Hi All,

I am currently trying to upgrade my SPS08 HANA instance to SPS09. The installation process fails during the step of "Starting SAP HANA Database" with the text: FAIL: Process hdbindexserver HDB Indexserver not running. (As shown below).

I have tried installing from a clean SLES 11.3 SAP Image as well as doing a upgrade with the same results each time (I also tried from a standard SLES 11.3 OS image, and subsequently as a SLES 12 OS all giving the same result). I have upgraded the Libgcc_s1 and Libstdc++ components as required by the installer.

I have also checked though the index server trace file but nothing pops out around the crash.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Paul

image001.png (142.5 kB)
Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

3 Answers

  • Best Answer
    Jul 07, 2015 at 05:27 AM

    This is for the benefit of anyone wanting to download gcc47-runtime.zip which contains the packages:

    libgcc_s1-4.7.2_20130108-0.17.2.x86_64.rpm

    libstdc++6-4.7.2_20130108-0.17.2.x86_64.rpm

    I've requested SAP attach gcc47-runtime.zip to SAP note 2001528, but until then, you can download the file here:

    gcc47-runtime.zip

    Alternatively, download the attached file and rename the file 'gcc47-runtime.zip'.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Dec 02, 2014 at 08:52 PM

    Hi Paul,

    This seems like memory issue.

    You can start manually and continue the installation.

    hdbadm user

    shell >> HDB start

    Regards,

    V Srinivasan

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Dec 03, 2014 at 02:14 AM

    Just to add some context - here is the trace file contents:

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Hello Ian,

      If I recall correctly, I was able to add a find a unoffical Suse repo, downloaded the compoenents to desktop, then added the folder to my yast installer which then updated the 2 components to the correct revision.

      Cheers, Paul