Skip to Content

Translation FPM button problem

Hi all,

We've created an enhancement point in a standard FPM OIF component configuration in order to add a custom button.

We are using an OTR for the text of the button. The translations are done and in development we can see its working fine in each language.

But in QA is not working well. If we enter in spanish the button text is displayed in english.

If we invalidate the shared memory CL_WDR_CFG_COMP_SHM_TRANS via transaction SHMM as suggested in note 1909945 then is working fine temporally, we can see the text translated. But if we close the window and open it again the translation is missing again.

I've found this thread where they are talking about the same problem. But I don't know how they managed to fix it. Former Member is talking about TLGS object types, but I cant find any object with this object type in se63 or SLTX.

Do you know what can be the problem?

Thanks in advance.

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

1 Answer

  • Feb 10, 2017 at 03:49 PM

    Hello Ricardo,

    I haven't heard of this issue before, but you could do the following:

    - Try to invalidate the mentioned shared memory again AND delete your browser cache. Retest.

    - Make sure that you have no customizing or enhancement on top of the component configuration which could overwrite the button text.

    - Read my blog about translation & texts in FPM applications:

    https://blogs.sap.com/2012/10/04/team-fpm-all-about-translation-and-texts-of-fpm-applications/

    Probably there some further hints could be found.

    - If all this doesn't help at all, please open up a customer incident with an appropriate example.

    Best regards,

    Julia

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded