Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

Severe error(s) occurred in phase MAIN_INIT/RUN_RSPTBFIL_INIT!

Hello All,

I am applying EHP3 for CRM system, CRM system is install on cluster server.

During  Preprocessing Phase SUM had stop with:

Severe error(s) occurred in phase MAIN_INIT/RUN_RSPTBFIL_INIT!,

Last error code set: Batchjob 'RSPTBFIL' with id '12405200' aborted

I can see the shaow instance is not becuse of disp+work was stop.

I had added disp+work file ,

I hope some body has tried this issue,

Thanks

Reza

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

8 Answers

  • Best Answer
    Nov 20, 2014 at 01:22 AM

    It appears to me there was an attempt to upgrade the system prior to this execution and you tried to reset the upgrade which was not done correctly. This has caused an inconsistency in the system. Have you checked the log file RSPTBINI.QC1? This could be the reason why the job RSPTBFIL is failing in the main system. You should review ALL the RSPTBINI log files available at S:\SUM\abap\log before you decide to reset the upgrade and start over again, else there is a strong possibility that you will end up in the same situation again.

    Reagan

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Reza, I am just wondering whether it would be possible to trigger a transportof the program  from a QA or dev server to the affected server and then check. What do you think?

      Regards,
      Hemanth

  • Nov 19, 2014 at 01:52 PM

    Before the restart of the SUM, it would be a good idea to execute the 'cleanipc <nr> remove' with the root user to ensure that none of the SHM segments are present.

    Regards,
    Hemanth

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Hi Reza,

      It looks like in the phase MAIN_INIT/RUN_RSPTBFIL_INIT, the table consistency is checked. Did the SUM tool try to start the Shadow instance on its own in this phase?

      Regards,
      Hemanth

  • Nov 19, 2014 at 01:05 PM

    Hi Reza,


    The startup error is:
    "

    *** Error 11 while initializing OS dependent part.

    *** ERROR => DpEmInit: EmInit failed (1) [dpInit.c     1513]

    *** ERROR => DpMemInit: DpEmInit (-1) [dpInit.c     1377]

    *** DP_FATAL_ERROR => DpSapEnvInit: DpMemInit

    *** DISPATCHER EMERGENCY SHUTDOWN ***

    increase tracelevel of WPs
    "


    Previously we have seen such issues on AIX due to old kernel versions. Please check 1889466 - Memory Management errors on AIX in 7.40 kernel and use lastest patch for kernel.

    The below links will help you if there are any queries with the kernel update procedure:

    SAP Note No. 1636252 - Installing a 7.20 kernel in SAP Web AS 7.00/7.01/7.10/7.11

    SAP Note No. 1629598 - SAP Kernel 720 will replace older kernel versions

    SAP Note No. 19466 - Downloading SAP kernel patches

    Also check:

    http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-1206

    (for Manual Kernel Upgrade)

    and

    http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/11219

    (for kernel upgrade using JSPM)


    ____________
    Kind Regards,
    Hemanth
    SAP AGS

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Reagan Benjamin

      Hi Reagan,

      I did tried to add PHYS_MEMSIZE = 50% in parameter to the shadow instance profile.

      Restart SAP and server. But still the same.

      Thanks again

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Nov 19, 2014 at 03:46 PM

    Hi Reza,

    Could you please share RSPTBFIL.ELG log file as well.

    Regards,

    Gaurav

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Nov 19, 2014 at 03:28 PM

    Hi,

    Please share the complete dump from ST22.

    Regards,

    Gauarv

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Former Member

      Hi Gaurav,

      This is a zip file, I had just add .txt for add the zip file  to massage,

      Just remove .txt and you can open the zip file

      Thanks

      Reza


  • Nov 19, 2014 at 04:53 PM

    Hi Reza,

    After taking restart of windows, can you share the latest logs ?

    Regards,

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Former Member

      Perform a syntax check on the program and see where it is using the
      type TY_T_DDXTT . If you double click in it it should show that it does not exist. So somewhere this is being used but not defined. If you have a similar system, check the same program where TY_T_DDXTT is being used. double click on it and it will open the program where this is defined. Check the version management of

      program where this is defined on both system. you should be able to determine how program was changed and take a decision.

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Nov 20, 2014 at 01:40 PM

    Hi Reza,

    Now at this stage best would be to open a support ticket with SAP in parallel or last is to opt reset of upgrade.

    Regards,

    Gaurav

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Nov 20, 2014 at 02:04 PM

    Hi Reza,

    From log file RSPTBINI-qc1 issue seems with the entry

    Table in file but not in PUTTB:" "DDLDEPENDENCY"

    Shows inconsistencies with the upgrade.

    Regards,

    Gaurav

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded