I am trying to achieve product substitution with the below scenario using Interchangeability Master Data:
1 unit of Product A should be replaced by 2 units of Product B.
To achieve this, I have created a Product Substitution procedure and it refers to a suppression chain which has this substitution maintained from A to B with preceding quantity factor and succeeding quantity factor as 1 and 2 respectively. All the rule determination steps are in place.
Now when I trigger ATP check from Sales order, I am not able to find the substitution taking place. Though I can see that it does trigger the rule I have maintained and even the rule evaluation screen shows the substitution from A to B during run time but it does not reflect in the result proposal screen. Only product A is shown and it is not confirmed as there is no stock available for product A.
I have ensured that there is enough stock for product B and there are no master data issues as well.
Another thing to note here is that when I remove the quantity factors (Preceding and Succeeding Quantity Factors = 1), then it actually gives the required result. It triggers Product substitution and gives confirmation of product B in the result proposal screen.
Please suggest what configuration can be missing here. I have used replacement type as "Product-Product".