Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

LDAP Search in Access Request shows no results

Hello

I've been trying to configure LDAP as the User Data source for the Access Request functionality within Access Control.

I used the LDAP Configuration guide provided by SAP in the note. Unfortunately I haven't been able to get a successfull result in the Sync Job and in the Access Request Form.

I have been able to get results in the LDAP tcode when I do Find, but I can't get any in the Business Client.

I'm adding screenshots of all the configuration I've done so you can get the idea of what I've done.

I left the mapping provided by default in the LDAP tcode, didn't do any changes to it.

Here's the connectors config. Two things here. 1- the USER ID is provided by our LDAP team (not sure if I have to change it to match in LDAP tcode) 2- the group field mapping and parameters is maintained for scenarios 3 and 4, I just included the screenshots for 3.

Config:

Lastly here's the sync job result. I get a User Adapter Empty when checking SLG1.

Regards

Maria Alejandra Piedra

SAP Basis/Security

LDAP tcode.jpg (148.7 kB)
LDAP Find.jpg (95.1 kB)
Connectors.jpg (435.0 kB)
Config.jpg (215.5 kB)
Sync.jpg (119.5 kB)
Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Assigned Tags

Related questions

3 Answers

  • Best Answer
    author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Nov 24, 2014 at 04:16 PM


    Hello everyone out there,

    My issue got resolved doing two things. SAP gave me the following instructions:

    1. Removed all entries from "Assign attributes to the connector" in Maintain Connector Settings.
    2. Implement note 2025895

    Regards

    Maria Alejandra Piedra

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Former Member

      Abass,

      I have the PATH ID emtpy actually so I guess you don't need that. I would remove the SU01 in the User Source and try the note.

      I actually didn't do the synch because it failed but the real time setting works so I don't need the synch.

      Regards,

      Maria

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Oct 01, 2014 at 07:11 PM

    Hi Maria,

    check authorization for account on LDAP side - maybe your LDAP user does not have sufficient authorization to read data.

    Did you maintain entries for authorization link scenario for LDAP rfc?

    Also I would double check the base entry in LDAP configuration'

    Thanks,

    Filip

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Oct 01, 2014 at 07:13 PM

    For us, we found that the LDAP config worked with the port number you specified, but GRC wouldn't pull data. We ended up using port 3268.

    Check this out.

    Santosh

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Former Member

      Maria

      Ok. Then the issue is related to LDAP mapping config in SPRO. In SPRO, Assign group field mappings for AUTH and PROV, change the system field names from Lower to Uppercase. I had a scenario where this worked.

      Thanks

      Anthony

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.