Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

WD Java application translation to japanese not happening

Hi All,

I'm working on EP7.0 version and i need to do translation of webdynpro application into japanese.

I've done the following:

1.I created a new .xlf file "<>.wdview_ja.xlf" and translated the labels,text,buttons to "ja" characters.

2.My folder has two xlf files:one default .xlf and other <>_ja.xlf

3.I rebuild,reload and deploy the application.

4.I changed the language of browser settings to ja.

Now following is the issue:

When the application is deployed,the standalone application shows all the translated texts,but when i access the same application through portal role i do not see the translation.

I cleared all my browser cache,navigation cache.

I tried to shut down my laptop and restart, one time it showed the translation but later on when tried to do the same thing translation was not happening.

I checked the below thread

I do not exactly follow what needs to be done in my case.

But when i checked the "current locale" in language resources it still shows "en" eventhough i changed the browser settings to"ja".

Can anyone please help me out here.

Thanks and Regards,

Pradeep

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

2 Answers

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Sep 25, 2014 at 03:51 PM

    Hi Pradeep

    Check if the following helps.

    Custom Languages for Web Dynpro Applications - Web Dynpro Java - SCN Wiki

    Regards

    Osman

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Sep 26, 2014 at 03:39 AM

    Pradeep,

    After rebuild, reload and deploy the application. Could you please check these steps once again?

    1.       Whenever you changed .xls view to ja_xls file

    1.1   Is it created Property file of ja_xls?

    2.       While login into portal, you are not able to see Japanese?

    2.1   Is it your Role, Worksets, Page and IView Names converted into Japanese Language?

    2.2   Check the User:- is it Username is changed to Japanese Language?

    Hope these steps helpful for you !!!

    Best Regards

    Vijay Kalluri

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      Hi Vijay,

      One more update.The issue of translation is behaving differently for different users. I'm an admin user and my current locale in webdynpro content admin is not getting updated because of which i'm unable to see the translation but there is one more admin user and if he logs in my system and checks the application then the translation looks good.(for him the current locale shows ja)

      And also for my user id the standard portal roles are getting translated but the webdynpro application is not able to pick the current locale from the browser.

      Hope i'm clear with my issue.

      What are the user level settings that needs to be done.I do not see any difference between the two users.

      And do we have to do any settings in portal for end users.

      Regards,

      Pradeep