I have been looking to using SPO to "partition" data out in years e,g, 2011, 2012, 2013 etc.
I have some questions I hope someone could answer
- What is the difference between SPO and the "Partitioning" option on an InfoCube (additional functions -> repartitioning)?
- Pre SAP 7.3 I would have created different cubes under the multi-provider for each year. Then used a SAP user exit in the bex query to restrict to relevant infoprovider based on a selection from the user. Is this possible via SPO?
- As I understand there is obviosuly and overhead on SPO and any partitioning. If I have partitoon the data by year for 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014. Then we get to 2015 a new partitoon will need to be created and setup. Correct?
- What happens if I have only created partiton for 2011 - 2014 and we hit 2015 and new partition is not created. I am assuming I should create a catch all partiton?
- My understanding is that if use a number of InfoCubes under a multiprovider when the partitions a queried multiple "queries" are generated for each of the cubes and in turn speeding the reporting process ? Is this still the case using an SPO
Sorry for all the questions but they are all related to what I am looking into.