I have a requirement where I need to pass date prompts of different data types from one query to another and so on.
Steps to reproduce
1. In Webi Add a first query (Universe 1) with a date filter to be entered by the user
2. The data type defined in DB is time stamp. (MM/DD/YYYY hh:mm:ss a)
3. Add another query (Universe 2) with the date filter to be entered by user
4. The data type defined in DB is MMDDYYYY (Character)
5. Add another query (Universe 2) with two date filters to be entered by user
6. The data type defined in DB is MM and DD
7. The user wants to see one single prompt, i.e, just enter the date range.
8. My idea is to give the prompt text same for three queries, so that user will see only one Prompt to enter/ or use object from another query.
9. Capture the user response from Query 1 and convert the date in #2 dynamically to date in #4 and #5.
Is this achievable, or is there a different method? Please let me know any questions and advise