Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

Recovery of advance through Payroll

HI Guru,

I have one scenario given below.

I given Advance amount : 5000 to employee by Off -Cycle.and we posted to Finance.

Now employee give return 2000 .

So this 2000 amount how we can process in system. and same with Finance.

Please advice on Priority basis......




Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Follow
  • Get RSS Feed

1 Answer

  • Sep 16, 2014 at 04:51 PM

    You should have a WT for Advances, and an other for Reimbursement of Advances, both for use in Off-Cycle (with appropriate postings to Finance).

    In your scenario, since employee reimbursed outside of Payroll (cash or cheque), processing in Payroll would probably be done in Off-Cycle but without impact on the employee's net pay, unless Finance takes care of the Journal entries directly (didn't they receive the payment?).

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • As I mentioned previously, I had presumed that you already had processed a WT through Off-Cycle to give an Advance to an employee, and that it was posted to FI/CO.

      If nothing is done yet, then you should first query what will be your Business Process.

      If the Advance is processed through Payroll (Regular or Off-Cycle) and generates a payment to the employee, then the WT should be mapped to FI/CO. And to make a payroll deduction for the reimbursement of the advance you could use the same WT in negative, but it is better to have a distinct WT.

      As for Off-Cycle Adjustments, if all you want is to keep a record that the employee received an Advance directly from Finance or reimbursed money directly to Finance, then you would require different types of WTs since these should not have any impact on net pay.

      Any IT0015 should be processed through Payroll. A negative deduction will generate a reimbursement (payment) just as a negative payment should generate an Arrears or a Claim.

      Any Advance or Reimbursement should be posted to Finance, but when the exchange is done outside of Payroll then Ledger Entries are usually required.