Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

Power Builder 12.6 Migration :Horizontal Scroll bar not working after migration

While migrating from 12.5 to 12.6, one of our application's horizontal scroll bar does not work appropriately. When I try to scroll it to the right extreme,the scroll bar moved but the data in the window gets stuck.

When I run the same application from the work space, it runs fine. The problem arise when I try to create a package and run the application from the package.

The 12.5 package has no issue. I have tried every possible solution but it fails. I included all the dlls for 12.6 and tested the package to check whether the issue is with the dlls. Even then it fails. I tried building the work space and deploying the package several times, even this won't help me.

Could anyone let me know if similar issue is reported earlier or any solution for this issue.

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

3 Answers

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Jan 26, 2017 at 02:53 PM

    Hi Kedarnath;

    Can you tell us ...

    1) What build of PB 12.6 are you using?

    2) What MS-Windows version are you running this on?

    3) Do you have the same PB run-time DLL's with your EXE as the PB IDE?

    4) Is this a PFC application?

    5) Are you building a P-Code or M-Code EXE?

    FWIW: I have never encountered or heard of this before in PB 12.6.

    Regards ... Chris

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Jan 30, 2017 at 12:59 PM

    Hi Chris,

    Thanks for your reply. Please find answers for your question above.

    1. Power Builder Version 12.6 Build : 4088

    2. Windows 7

    3. Yes the same DLLs in both the places.

    4. No. Its not a PFC Apllication.

    5. I am using PCODE for building.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Jan 30, 2017 at 06:10 PM

    Hi Kedarnath -

    I have faced weirder issues like these in PB 12.6 and all I did was check out the then-latest build version, which was 4091 and it fixed all the issues and I was able to move ahead with my deployment (My build was on 3XXX, I don't remember the exact version)

    You might want to give it a try!

    Thanks,

    Krishna

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded